Lakeland 100(and 5) and 50. 2022 onwards 😁

30 watchers
Jul 2022
11:00am, 30 Jul 2022
3,413 posts
  •  
flyingfinn
There were a lot of relatively fast times to Wasdale last night (though I have to say not from the ferchies I recognise). Quite a few of whom don't seem to be going quite so well now, if they haven't binned it already. I suspect with it being somewhat cooler at the start than in many recent years a good number were lured into pushing too hard early on.
Jul 2022
4:24pm, 30 Jul 2022
23,542 posts
  •  
Dave A
The 100 winner was a fair way in front. 2nd place was at Langdale campsite as he was descending into Coniston.
Jul 2022
6:23pm, 30 Jul 2022
2,410 posts
  •  
Cheeky’s Dad
I have no idea how one would judge pace at the start of a 100 mile race! Beyond my understanding!
Jul 2022
7:44pm, 30 Jul 2022
3,414 posts
  •  
flyingfinn
Effort level. If you've run enough ultras and trained properly you should have a good idea of how hard you should be running.

Plus ypu should have a good idea of your likely splits through CPs based on either your previous splits or those of people who have run the sort of time you're aiming for should act as a check. The information is all there and taking it in is as important a part of preparing as is the physical training.
Jul 2022
9:50pm, 30 Jul 2022
23,543 posts
  •  
Dave A
Looks like Rosehip went through Kentmere in good time. If she can maintain her pace overnight she should get a course PB.
Kinky on for around a 01:00 finish I reckon. Maybe a little earlier. Kev Scone and Fenland Runner somewhere in between.
Flanker moving well in the 100, although his descent of the Garbutn pass appeared a bit slow. Possibly a bad patch or trashed legs. However, there are two more steepish descents that could be sloppy left to go. The others are a bit more in the gentle side.
We have possession of finish bags for Kinky and Flanker. It could be a long night.
Jul 2022
9:53pm, 30 Jul 2022
23,544 posts
  •  
Dave A
Also, my brother and mate are walking the 50 together. Brother walked the Spine Challenger a month or so ago so is reasonably fit. I’m not sure how much training Mike has done. They spent a long time at Mardale Head and are probably only just within cut offs, I’ll see if I get a phone call!
Jul 2022
10:07pm, 30 Jul 2022
3,389 posts
  •  
STOOSH
2nd place runner Neil MacNicol was my old coach. He's struggled with injury since he last run the race a few years ago and recently had an operation. I've no idea how he managed to get himself in good enough shape to podium this year.
I'm a little jealous I'm not there after pulling the plug on my place back in February.
Has been fun for watching though!
Jul 2022
10:23pm, 30 Jul 2022
23,545 posts
  •  
Dave A
Looking at the tracker and going back to an earlier conversation. Sabrina Verjees split from Ambleside to the finish was just over 3:05. She did 8:43, not sure if position.
Jul 2022
10:41pm, 30 Jul 2022
3,415 posts
  •  
flyingfinn
2nd place runner Neil MacNicol was my old coach. He's struggled with injury since he last run the race a few years ago and recently had an operation. I've no idea how he managed to get himself in good enough shape to podium this year. I'm a little jealous I'm not there after pulling yhe plug on my place back in February. Has been fun for watching though!

Neil's a class act and a tough bugger but in the 8 years or so I've known him he always seems to "have been injured but somehow managed to pull himself into shape on race day" for a variety of races. I guess he's getting quite good at it πŸ˜€
Jul 2022
10:45pm, 30 Jul 2022
23,546 posts
  •  
Dave A
Neil's a class act and a tough bugger but in the 8 years or so I've known him he always seems to "have been injured but somehow managed to pull himself into shape on race day" for a variety of races. I guess he's getting quite good at it πŸ˜€

Sandbagging πŸ˜‰

About This Thread

Maintained by Rosehip
fetcheveryone.com/races/lakeland-50-8671741

2024 trackers can be found here:

2024 roll call πŸƒπŸΌπŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸŽ‰
100:
Maccathecracker
STOOSH
Snoot

50:
Rosehip