BETTER WITHOUT ADS? Become a voluntary supporter

Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Lakeland 50 or 100 in 2021 ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

33 watchers
27 Jul
11:51am, 27 Jul 2021
15245 posts
NDWDave
I popped out for a rep of my main training hill today for old timeโ€™s sake. It seems quite easy now and the loose rocks much smallerโ€ฆ
27 Jul
11:54am, 27 Jul 2021
51214 posts
Derby Tup
When I did the BG in 2010 I did dozens of hill reps on Ilkley Moor. From memory each rep was 550 feet climb / 0.75 mile. Thereโ€™s a big cairn at the top and a fantastic view. I swore Iโ€™d never do another after succeeding at the BG but I did go up again a few weeks later to say hello to the cairn and see the view
28 Jul
7:41am, 28 Jul 2021
3299 posts
STOOSH
Yes fenners, I've got some tendon damage on my right ankle. I was putting it down to the dry conditions. Also the soles of my feet became quite damaged and started to feel it by the later stages.

Hope recovery is going well, I'm still In the lakes for another couple of days with no intention of looking at another hill ๐Ÿ˜‰
28 Jul
8:57am, 28 Jul 2021
6947 posts
FenlandRunner
Stoosh, I've never had anything like it before. Although I only did 59+ miles my legs are fine. But sleep is disturbed due to the same as you describe.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by phal
Ok - so whoโ€™s in???

Me! ๐Ÿ‘