Ladies Who Lift...

91 watchers
Oct 2018
9:07pm, 28 Oct 2018
12,382 posts
  •  
early bird
Thruster weight was 20 kg

I pushed myself harder than I've ever done. I pb'd on 3 different lifts and literally left my ass on the floor on every workout. I nearly keeled over on the last WOD. I regained myself after a drink of juice, force fed jelly babies and a hot sweet tea. I then sat and cried a little. I felt bad for my partner who is so much better than me. I was however cheered on by everyone regardless of being the weakest person there and I feel like they have started to become like a family to me.

The owners of the gym where the competition was held apparently were impressed by how hard I pushed myself. On WOD 2 I had what sounded like the whole gym shouting support for me. The gym owners came over to talk to me..... me! WOD 4 was the same again! The judges, the competitors and my gym buddies were all amazing. I am totally exhausted, now full of pizza and heading to bed as I'm at work for 7 am tomorrow
Oct 2018
9:50pm, 28 Oct 2018
36,403 posts
  •  
alpenrose
Sounds like a great event EB, well done for braving it and DOING it! :)
SPR
Oct 2018
4:35pm, 29 Oct 2018
27,236 posts
  •  
SPR
Good work EB and congrats on a good comp.

My CNS was fried just reading about it though ;-)
Oct 2018
4:53pm, 29 Oct 2018
39,451 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
Bravely done, eb, and you clearly made an impact :)
Oct 2018
6:10pm, 29 Oct 2018
12,384 posts
  •  
early bird
Thanks ladies 😊. I'm so very sore today. Its very challenging just to get dressed. I feel exhausted and very emotional. Been awake since 4.30 and literally have no appetite. Pleased with my performance even though it wasn't as good as everyone else, I knew I wouldn't be. It was very good at highlighting my weaknesses though so I have a list of stuff to work on. Was very nice to have my team mate checking in on me this morning. Off to the gym shortly but just to try and stretch. I will need assistance to get into my sports bra for sure 😂
Oct 2018
7:54pm, 29 Oct 2018
1,464 posts
  •  
idle_wilder
Aw EB, that's amazing!! Not sure I would have been able to keep pushing on through all that!! You should be mega proud :)
Gus
Nov 2018
11:00am, 12 Nov 2018
1,551 posts
  •  
Gus
Opinions please, gloves or straps for deadlifts? Also is it worth getting proper weightlifting shoes?
Nov 2018
11:12am, 12 Nov 2018
39,588 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
ALL of them, Gus ;)

(I still deadlift bare-handed, but I can see why the testosterone boys whine about their grip not being up to the job when they're lifting 200kg or whatever.)
CK2
Nov 2018
11:45am, 12 Nov 2018
225 posts
  •  
CK2
I’ve never lifted with gloves or straps but have used chalk when weights are heavier.
Nov 2018
12:07pm, 12 Nov 2018
36,677 posts
  •  
alpenrose
When I was training with the weight lifting guy he said I wasn't allowed to wear gloves but if necessary I had to use chalk.

About This Thread

Maintained by Sharkie
... a weights wire for women.

And in case you're wondering about that title, well, I like alliteration and one can be too po-faced about the use of girl/lady/woman.

Here's a strength standards for women thing Duracel found for us
strengthlevel.com

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.