10:29am, 9 Jan 2019
RunningRonnieIs it worth doing weight training sporadically? I've always thought that it's only really worth doing it if you are doing it regularly; two to three times per week in order to benefit. When you go occasionally, it's sore and hard. I've therefore found myself avoiding it until I feel like I can commit.
Is there actually a benefit to each session though, even if it is the odd one in ages? Obviously regular is better.
For info, my resistance training of choice is body pump classes and I do plan to start going regularly again.
12:40pm, 9 Jan 2019
PenWI get benefit from weight training/ strength work once a week. I think less than that and I wouldn’t see the same kind of benefit.
About This Thread
- Very dumb question. My training plan says Stretches and Weights. I don't know what to do for that.
- Weight training -why so sore?
- Weight training for numpties
- Weight training
- Weight lifting before or after running?
- advice on weights in gym to train for marathon next year
- Ladies Who Lift...
- General Fitness - weights, gyms, cross-fit etc (and a challenge)
- Deadlifts, am I doing them wrong?
- 1000 miles in 2022
Track Your Exercise Reps
Press ups, sit ups, dips, squats - track it all here
The Ultra League
See the longest runs, rides, swims and walks from any given year on Fetcheveryone
Use your credits to buy and sell runners to make a profit. And 14 Fetch Virtual Badges up for grabs. Just for fun!
Are you doing the right training?
See typical mileage, pace and long run stats for every distance and goal. See a comparison with your own training.