Help my glasses are steaming up

6 watchers
Nov 2015
10:04am, 9 Nov 2015
215 posts
  •  
idle_wilder
My glasses always steam up (and normally only one lens?!). It's usually when I stop, but can be once I've powered to the top of a hill, or worked a bit harder. I normally just have to give them a wipe and get on with it. Rain is always a problem!
Nov 2015
10:51am, 9 Nov 2015
24,422 posts
  •  
F ing Fleecy
Columba: I don't stick my head under in the Bog of Doom! Though yes, if I lost my glasses racing I'd be well and truly doomed!
Nov 2015
12:44pm, 9 Nov 2015
8,241 posts
  •  
Columba
The HUN that I watched, people were falling and floundering and bumping into one another in the Bog of Doom, and it seemed to me it would be quite a risk.
Nov 2015
1:16pm, 9 Nov 2015
1,645 posts
  •  
MudMeanderer
Like most others on here, mine only really fog up when I stop. However I've also found that they largely only do so early on in runs, whilst they're cold. After a short while they'll heat up enough from the warmth of my head that the moisture no longer condenses on them. So I just clear them off with my t-shirt a couple of times and it's fine.

I've discovered the heat causing another problem in the past though - I used to have shape memory glasses that would become all floppy and droop over my nose after a hard run!
Nov 2015
3:10pm, 11 Nov 2015
8,250 posts
  •  
Columba
Like Salvador Dali's clocks

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by NellyMarcos
Hello all, I am hoping someone can offer me some advice, I have had to admit defeat and start wearin...