Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Garmin soft strap monitor

3 watchers
Jan 2012
5:39pm, 17 Jan 2012
3823 posts
Debstir
Has anyone got one of these?

amazon.co.uk

I was thinking of getting one as the original strap for my 305 is a bit bulky, and doesn't sit too well under my sports bras. I was just looking to see if anyone else has one and how much difference it's made from the original one - if at all any!

Jan 2012
5:57pm, 17 Jan 2012
6007 posts
Son of a Pronator Man
That strap looks like the one I have but the monitor is different - the monitor for my 405 looks like this. amazon.co.uk

I couldnt say how it works with a sports bra, however
Jan 2012
6:03pm, 17 Jan 2012
1240 posts
IanS
I got one with my 410 Debs - like SoaPM I can't answer about using it with a sports bra but it does feel a bit more comfortable. One of the firmer sensor sections at the front does tend to dig in a bit but that's probably just me being a strange shape or something :-)
TBH I'm not sure it's £36 quid of a difference though - maybe a lady who has one will provide some more sensible answers shortly...
Jan 2012
7:42pm, 17 Jan 2012
2279 posts
adrianb1066
Got one in June and all good and comfortable - Mine is for a 110 tho assume will work with 405. No idea if it will feel with a sports bra ;-)
Jan 2012
7:56pm, 17 Jan 2012
23 posts
Cluaran
There are two version of the Premium Strap, tho' the transmitter is the same and fits either strap, it even works with some Polar straps. I've tried several combinations, but have gone back to the original bulky one, for one reason, it is reliable! The Premium has issues!

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by Debstir
Has anyone got one of these?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Garmin-Premium-Strap-Heart-Monitor/dp/B0029...