Garmin Heart Rate Monitor (with 310XT) please help....

1 watcher
MAG
Aug 2012
8:35pm, 8 Aug 2012
133 posts
  •  
MAG
Hi,
I am sure this has been discussed before, but I cant find the answer to which I hope it out there.

I run with a Garmin 310XT with premium heart rate monitor. I also wear technical T shirts while training. My issue is for up to about the first mile i get silly heart rate readings, tonight I was over 200 beats per min for over 0.5 miles, that messes up my average heart rate for my training run.

I hope to run the same run week on week, in similar time and hope to see my average heart rate fall. At this point i am thinking the garmin/garmin heart rate monitor is not accurate enough over the first mile to allow this.

I sometimes get round this by doing a 1-2 mile warm up, but for runs that are 4-5 miles long, this is not really a option. I have tried to wet my chest first to improve connectivity, but this does not help much. I believe its the static electricity on my tops that give the highter readings for about a mile.

Does anyone know how I may get accurate readings for using this equipment, or if other equipment is more accurate?

Thank you,

Mark
Aug 2012
8:37pm, 8 Aug 2012
22,111 posts
  •  
Old Croc
try to "pair" them again

wet the strap not your chest - spit on it - sounds vile but works!
MAG
Aug 2012
9:36pm, 8 Aug 2012
134 posts
  •  
MAG
Thank Old Croc. I'll give that a go....spitting away next run

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by MAG
Hi,
I am sure this has been discussed before, but I cant find the answer to which I hope it out the...