Garmin's Connect service is down?

2 watchers
Jan 2015
9:03am, 21 Jan 2015
23,824 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Current Status at 09:00:14

We are experiencing issues with Garmin Connect. Our team is actively investigating the issue. Please check back soon for further status updates about Garmin Connect. We thank you for your continued patience.

connect.garmin.com

Does this happen a lot? It wasn't working last night 8pm and still not working 13 hours later. It's the main way I upload now - Garmin Express on the lappy uploads from my 310xt to Garmin Connect website. Then Fetch's wonderful API comes along seconds or minutes later and sucks the data down from GC website into Fetch and automagically appears in my training log. But not yesterday/today.

Is it down a lot? Thanks fellow Garminge users. :-) G
Jan 2015
11:32am, 21 Jan 2015
4,675 posts
  •  
Badger
It's been fairly flaky the last few weeks. It does often go months without any serious issues.
Jan 2015
11:33am, 21 Jan 2015
4,676 posts
  •  
Badger
The only specific issue up there at the moment is MFP, so if it's still not working for you, might be something odd at your end.
Jan 2015
11:34am, 21 Jan 2015
12,296 posts
  •  
GlennR
Mine is slow - has been for some time - but up to date.
Jan 2015
12:04pm, 21 Jan 2015
1,335 posts
  •  
Mandymoo
All worked fine here a short while ago
Jan 2015
12:11pm, 21 Jan 2015
4,892 posts
  •  
Kimbles
Was working fine this morning when I synced my Vivofit. Also the sync to MFP was working as well. It was pretty ropey over Christmas/NY but they were actively fixing the problems, which is where that message has come from. The page is continually running to alert users as there was a huge kick off on the Connect FB page about lack of information and the fact they couldnt get the chuffin thing to work for days. I found my major issue was the Garmin Express. I went back to Ant+ for uploading data.
Jan 2015
12:40pm, 21 Jan 2015
23,828 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Hang on, so that top banner is just a catch-all? And because it says Activity Uploads - ONLINE (in Green) that my upload from Garmin Express should be working?!

Very misleading, I'd say. It's great to have a status page, but not if it's just a permanent fixture. The main dashboard page has a warning at top too - "We are experiencing issues with Garmin Connect. Our team is actively investigating the issue. Please visit our status page for updates. Thanks for your continued patience."

So I should be able to upload, despite the warning? Rats. I wonder why it's not working.
Jan 2015
12:50pm, 21 Jan 2015
996 posts
  •  
JantasticDistracted (JD)
That warning has been there a few weeks. I only had one day when my 910 really wouldn't upload. Tried on another laptop, nope, tried again at home worked...

MFP still not working, if I could find the link to link em up I'll try again...
Jan 2015
12:56pm, 21 Jan 2015
23,831 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Right, I'll try again tonight. If the GC Upload Activities says it's working, then why is Garmin Express not uploading? I've not had probs with it before, or not often. Thanks for advice. :-) G
Jan 2015
2:03pm, 21 Jan 2015
4,893 posts
  •  
Kimbles
JD - in your Connect Dashboard, you will see "wdgets". On the one that says "Calories in/out" click the wheel at the top right hand corner. The drop down box will say "disconnect from MyFitnessPal" click that. Refresh then click "connect" again.

HappyG - if Express isnt working, check for an update on settings. If nothing then my suggestion would be to delete and re-install. They have been releasing patches since the problems started. Other option is to wait and see if it works tonight. I loaded express not that long ago thinking it would be better than Ant+ but I had nothing but problems do binned it and went back to USB. I've had no problems with USB upload at all, just in Express.

HTH

About This Thread

Maintained by HappyG(rrr)
Current Status at 09:00:14

We are experiencing issues with Garmin Connect. Our team is actively i...