Fetch running shoe wisdom required!

2 watchers
Sep 2017
2:26pm, 10 Sep 2017
1,553 posts
  •  
PenW
I'm looking for a replacement shoe for my Saucony Guides. I have 2 pairs of the Guide 8s which are ok at present but I cannot see any more guide 8s in my size for when they wear out in time (I've had a look on the internet).

My difficulty is that they changed the backs on the guide 9s and more recent models and they are mere millimetres higher but just enough to irritate my Achilles and make them unrunnable (unless I take the scissors to them - seems a shame!).

So I'm trying to work out what the equivalents might be in other makes to see if any of them work for me. I had a look in start fitness and they suggested brooks adrenaline or ravenna.

Does anyone have any ideas?
Sep 2017
9:17pm, 10 Sep 2017
43,434 posts
  •  
runnerbean
Have you tried cutting the heel part of the old liner and putting in the new shoe just to raise your Achilles a mil or 2 higher rather than cut them ?
Sep 2017
9:22pm, 10 Sep 2017
1,554 posts
  •  
PenW
Thanks - that's an idea I'd not thought of. I can certainly give it a go.
Sep 2017
10:16pm, 10 Sep 2017
28,478 posts
  •  
alpenrose
How about going to your local running shop and trying some different makes out there?

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by PenW
I'm looking for a replacement shoe for my Saucony Guides. I have 2 pairs of the Guide 8s which ...