Best road and trail shoes for wide feet!

8 watchers
Apr 2022
9:18am, 17 Apr 2022
1,529 posts
  •  
Steve NordRunner
I'm marginal on needing wide shoes because of bunions. On the NB, trail, cushioned theme I find NB Fresh Foam More Trail v1 to be really great, roomy all round the toebox, maybe they are slightly long if anything. Some people think of them as a Hoka alternative for cushioning, but I find them better - a bit more spring rather than simple cushioning. I just got through a pair of Challenger 5 ATR. I blew out both sides after 600 miles but would get them again in 2E. They are good for mixed road and easy trail.

On the road side I was hoping the NB 1080 would be similarly good. They are, but I wish I had opted for 2E. I also use Cliftons and have made a note to order 2E next time. The NB Propel road shoe can be had for a good price and has a wide toebox, springy but less stack.
Apr 2022
12:07am, 18 Apr 2022
457 posts
  •  
-Ruthie-
Thanks very much everyone for your suggestions and comments. 😀 there's a few mentioned that I've not tried yet.

I usually do buy a size larger (normally 5, buy 6 for running). Width fits mostly but I'm finding some recently too long. Grrr trip up time!
Didn't realise some brands had different width fittings - will definitely be checking that out 🙂
Thank yoooo !
Apr 2022
9:01am, 18 Apr 2022
1,530 posts
  •  
Steve NordRunner
If you use Fetch's link to sportsshoes.com you can search with the term «wide» or «2E» and find them more easily.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by -Ruthie-
Hello all :)

I can't seem to get a pair of shoes just now that I'm comfortable with - it's driving me nuts! Any recommendations for road and trail shoes for someone with wide feet that heel strikes and likes a bit of cushioning will be most welcome. Slight overpronation on one foot, other 'normal' - usually need a pair with a bit more support. Been wearing New Balance 860 which are ancient and bursting now, was looking to try a different brand out just for a change ...