Fetch Pregnancy Club

172 watchers
Nov 2018
8:48pm, 21 Nov 2018
9,330 posts
  •  
Gymfreak
I can recommend walking for sure, I’ve done a lot of it! I haven’t been able to run, but not sure I can imagine being able to run either! I hope you’re starting to feel a bit better.

Physically going ok here other than tired and a knackered back, my car being written off in an accident made sure my back was properly broken but me and baby both otherwise fine 🙂

I’m starting to go a little bit nuts. I’ve had anxiety through the whole pregnancy anyway as I’m so worried about him, but work has all turned into a bit of a disaster. Way too much pressure and expectation, horrible amount of stress, I can’t do everything that needs to be done despite stupid hours and am not managing people well enough. I’m not sleeping and am permanently stressed out. Thinking about going on mat leave at the end of December rather than Jan to save my sanity but also bit worried about another month with no salary.
Nov 2018
8:53pm, 21 Nov 2018
7,510 posts
  •  
LouLou
How many weeks are you now? I would go off early if it’s stressful. No salary sucks but a healthy mum and baby are priceless.
Nov 2018
9:04pm, 21 Nov 2018
9,331 posts
  •  
Gymfreak
27. I know I need to give 28 days notice so I’d do it for 31st December but we actually shut down on 21st so I wouldn’t work past then. Everyone is expecting totally unrealistic things of me.
Nov 2018
11:14am, 22 Nov 2018
5,191 posts
  •  
Battlecat
I read a thing about post natal anxiety the other day which I'd never heard of before but it rang a lot of bells with me.

I'm really not someone who suffers with anxiety at all but when both mine were small I had quite a few moments where I was terrified of dropping them or falling down the stairs with them.

Stands to reason that if there's such thing as post natal anxiety then there's pre-natal anxiety.

Not sure that helps! But I thought I'd let you know there's probably a name for it.

I'd second going off early. This is your last chance to enjoy your own time and sleep on your own terms for a long, long time. I finished with 2 months to go with Sylvie and was glad of the extra rest.
Nov 2018
11:39am, 22 Nov 2018
18,920 posts
  •  
Lizzie W
Remember you accrue annual leave whilst on mat leave, so start negotiating to add this on to the end of your mat leave!
Nov 2018
2:32pm, 22 Nov 2018
5,193 posts
  •  
Battlecat
And bank holidays :-)
Nov 2018
8:10pm, 22 Nov 2018
9,332 posts
  •  
Gymfreak
We only get statutory mat leave.... do you still get holiday pay?! I never knew this?!

I did it today, one of my team has been signed off with stress, another in tears and my manager asked me today how behind I was in terms of getting myself signed off as well as I think they are expecting it. It’s just way too stressful and I really don’t think not sleeping is good for me or the baby.

So 21st dec is my last day. I’ve been there 8 years so it does feel very strange and I’m terrified of having no job and being reliant on someone financially!
Nov 2018
7:06am, 23 Nov 2018
7,511 posts
  •  
LouLou
You can use all your holidays from this leave year and if your new one starts when you are off you can use them before going back. I've got 28 days to use before mat leave and my new year starts august - aiming to have at least 2 weeks at the end....
Nov 2018
12:25pm, 23 Nov 2018
5,194 posts
  •  
Battlecat
You accrue holidays when you're off. We has get bank holidays paid (not sure if that's standard or not)

Also 6 keeping in touch days.

Get on Google and make sure you get what you're entitled too.

I used my holidays when I went back taking a couple of days a week so I'm only working 3 days a week but on full time money to start with
Nov 2018
6:40pm, 23 Nov 2018
9,333 posts
  •  
Gymfreak
My leave year starts 1st Jan and I leave 31 December so it’s tidy. We get 25 days hol plus 8 bank holidays.

I don’t think I will be going back so hope they will just pay me them then!

About This Thread

Maintained by Tiggia
In the club? No not a running club, in THE club - discuss it here - cravings, mood swings, antenatal things, bowel movements...

-----------------------------------------------------------
Latest arrivals:

Battlecat - Gracie - 16 October 2017 pram
Neems - Isobel - 22 September 2017 pram
CornishEva - Thomas - 25 July 2017 pram

Expectant Fetchies:

louise182 - EDD 15 October 2017 pram