Returning to running after pregnancy

2 watchers
May 2016
4:32pm, 18 May 2016
36 posts
  •  
TwoTinNic
I'm trying to get back running again after pregnancy (baby is now 6 months), but I'm really struggling, I've tried a few run / walks but with the extra 2st baby weight I'm carrying, I feel so sluggish 😫

Is anyone in the same boat and would like some extra motivation as well?
May 2016
5:35pm, 18 May 2016
1,517 posts
  •  
Fitz
Have a look in here.
http://www.fetcheveryone.com/viewtopic.php?id=15025
May 2016
5:37pm, 18 May 2016
11,813 posts
  •  
mulbs
I'm very pleased to report that I'm not in the same boat - it would be a bit of a shock given I was 50 last year and my youngest child is 13! I do remember how hard it was feeling as though I was getting any sort of fitness back though and I did couch to 5k in order to get back to running again - as I recall I repeated the first few weeks a good couple of times before I was ready to move on. It is so much harder carrying extra weight around, especially when you're probably kanckered and sleep deprived too, but do what you can when you can - it's a great time of year to be starting out again and I'm sure you'll do brilliantly - and congratulations on having a new member of your family too :-)
May 2016
6:57pm, 18 May 2016
37 posts
  •  
TwoTinNic
Thanks Fitz, I'll have a look!!

Thanks Mulbs, that gives me hope, I guess I shouldn't expect too much too soon and repeating weeks sounds like a good plan! Two babies in 2 years hasn't done much for my fitness haha!!

Can't wait to get out in the sunshine for a plod!
May 2016
8:42pm, 18 May 2016
11,814 posts
  •  
mulbs
Ah TwoTinNic - you'd be welcome to hang out on the Slow and Proud thread on Fetch - it's full of people who are just glad to get out there regardless of how "well" they run.

I love my time to run, it's the only bit of the day where I'm off duty from everything else that goes on in life :)
Sep 2016
9:20am, 9 Sep 2016
1,254 posts
  •  
Marchbanks
Hello all long time no posting... I am starting up my own fitness business (Mum On The Run) exclusively for mum's who want to improve their fitness, health and wellbeing through running. I would be really grateful if you could take 1 minute to fill out this short survey to help me see if my service is in demand. Thank you

P.s feel free to pass on to other mums many thanks

goo.gl

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by TwoTinNic
I'm trying to get back running again after pregnancy (baby is now 6 months), but I'm really strugg...