Getting fit again after pregnumpcy

45 watchers
Nov 2015
9:11pm, 1 Nov 2015
10,592 posts
  •  
jude
Well done Lyns! You've started how so you have to keep it up 😀 And tell us about it too.
I have been for 2 walks this weekend. 1.9 miles yesterday, 2.36 miles today. Feel OK in my tummy just tired. Quads actually aching! How rude!
Off to my PT on Tuesday to try to work out what if anything I can do. It will be exactly 4 weeks from my operation. Fingers crossed!
Nov 2015
12:39pm, 7 Nov 2015
1,631 posts
  •  
Lyns
Fallen short of my aim this week but two runs and parkrun is still ok.

Next week I'll def be biking on the Saturday so the big challenge will be getting three runs into Monday to Friday.

Still feeling motivated though which is an unusual but pleasant feeling :)

How was Tuesday Jude?
Nov 2015
3:18pm, 7 Nov 2015
4,112 posts
  •  
mummyV
well done Lyns
Nov 2015
4:00pm, 8 Nov 2015
10,597 posts
  •  
jude
Well done Lyns :)
I managed a 20 min gentle spin on the watt bike on Tuesday, but sitting forward and leaning on my forearms. Plus a few bits of arm weight etc.nothing taxing.
Then20 mins turbo on weds, got off feeling awful. Took temp and it was up then realised I had the symptoms of another UTI :( So more ab's. Grrr
Did a very light stretch/ arms session on Thursday but nothing since. Back to PT on Tuesday so I'll see how I feel the. Stomach getting stronger all the time. Official date for starting running etc again is 1st December. Hope the UTI issues has gone away by then.
Nov 2015
10:52am, 10 Nov 2015
4,115 posts
  •  
mummyV
Hope you are feeling better Jude? What a pain for you
Nov 2015
11:01am, 10 Nov 2015
1,464 posts
  •  
VicksterH
Rubbish Jude, hope you are feeling better soon
Nov 2015
12:47pm, 10 Nov 2015
10,602 posts
  •  
jude
Thx ladies. Last day of ab's tomorrow so fingers crossed it doesn't come back after that.
Feb 2016
12:03am, 11 Feb 2016
5,568 posts
  •  
katypie
Hello all. How goes? Couple of questions nothing to do with running but everything to do with mumming. Babypie has gone uber clingy. Wants held all the time. Nothing has changed in his routine. It's quite hard going as I can't eat in peace. Also work, ladies. How do you all manage (if you work of course). Have any of you had a drop in confidence? Is it just beyond shit having to start again? Harumph
Feb 2016
10:25am, 11 Feb 2016
657 posts
  •  
Tazsedai
How old is baby, are they learning a new skill? Teething? Could be related but separation anxiety can be a killer. It's tough while it lasts, you feel like you have no breathing space at all.

I enjoyed going back to work just so I could use my brain, have hot tea, pee in peace and chat to adults. Yes, it's a whole new world of organisation in getting stuff ready but it really does mean your days go sooo quickly at work.

My first LO took a long time to get used to nursery but then thoroughly enjoyed it. My second loved it from the off so that was a relief. I went back part-time though which was a great balance for us.

Good luck...
Feb 2016
12:05pm, 11 Feb 2016
11,892 posts
  •  
RuthB2
I guess it's hard to know if any drop in confidence at work is related to stuff outside work, or if it may have happened anyway at that time. Not sure if that's helpful!

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by leaguefreak