Fetch Pregnancy Club

172 watchers
Apr 2019
9:58am, 14 Apr 2019
7,535 posts
  •  
LouLou
Good to see your back on the bike GF! I'm at the stage where I just feel like a big lump and want to get back in shape!! 35 and a half weeks so not long to go hopefully!!

Finishing work at the end of this week - mixed feelings of looking forward to having less stress but will miss work and my routine!
Jun 2019
3:41pm, 26 Jun 2019
1,779 posts
  •  
Lesley C
Very quiet in here....

Anyway I am 24 weeks pregnant with my first. We wanted to keep everything quiet until I had seen all my friends that I wanted to tell face to face. Took me a while.

Been keeping great and still doing a little running. Started going to a yoga group a couple of weeks ago which is really good and I am learning a lot about birth etc etc from the other ladies there.

I was wondering if anyone had used a belly support band when running, which one and what they thought?
Jun 2019
6:52pm, 26 Jun 2019
7,580 posts
  •  
LouLou
congratulations Lesley!

I only ran up to 12 weeks as I hurt my knee so no experience of belly support band. I found first trimester hard with tiredness and nausea but had more energy in second trimester.

Now have a 8 week old and have went for one run - feel very unfit!! Had a c-section so hoping from now I can start to get some fitness again!
Jun 2019
8:11am, 27 Jun 2019
1,781 posts
  •  
Lesley C
Thanks Loulou, I wasn't sure if anyone had experience with a support or not. Starting to feel the belly when I am running.

I found that getting out and doing something really helped with the nausea, although it hasn't totally disappeared. Still knackered too.

Congratulations on your wee one, hopefully you are recovering well from the c-section. I am sure you will regain your fitness quickly.
Jun 2019
2:16pm, 27 Jun 2019
5,235 posts
  •  
Battlecat
I didn't use a support. But I did get a pair of maternity running shorts that I used in later stages.

Everyone's different but I don't remember running causing an issue until I was nearly 5 or 6 months with my first. My issue was more feeling the pressure down on my pubic bone which happened sometimes and sometimes not. I think it was probably more to do with babys position than size
Jun 2019
2:18pm, 27 Jun 2019
5,236 posts
  •  
Battlecat
Actually - I;ve just remembered. I may well have felt something uncomfortable at the 3/4 month stage and it settled down once the baby got a bit bigger and filled the space I had for her!

It depends how much they cost but I wouldn't rush out and buy something. Stuff changes week to week!
Jun 2019
2:57pm, 27 Jun 2019
5,237 posts
  •  
Battlecat
While I'm in here....Sylvie had her first school settling in session yesterday!!!!
I am not ready for this! Damn August birthdays!
Jun 2019
3:55pm, 27 Jun 2019
12,047 posts
  •  
RuthB2
Must admit I love an August birthday! Saves on a whole year of nursery costs!
Jun 2019
8:23pm, 28 Jun 2019
1,784 posts
  •  
Lesley C
Well doubt I will need a belt for running, thanks for commenting. Been in hospital since last night with bleeding, source unknown but baby is fine. Got a nice 4D face image earlier.

I am going to go out of my mind not doing anything.
D2
Jun 2019
8:51pm, 28 Jun 2019
11,316 posts
  •  
D2
Oh dear, hope you are ok

About This Thread

Maintained by Tiggia
In the club? No not a running club, in THE club - discuss it here - cravings, mood swings, antenatal things, bowel movements...

-----------------------------------------------------------
Latest arrivals:

Battlecat - Gracie - 16 October 2017 pram
Neems - Isobel - 22 September 2017 pram
CornishEva - Thomas - 25 July 2017 pram

Expectant Fetchies:

louise182 - EDD 15 October 2017 pram