We don't hide behind a paywall!

Log and analyse training, find events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more.
Join Fetcheveryone

Fetch modellers - model cars, trains, lego, meccano, airfix etc. :-)

9 watchers
4 Jan
10:56pm, 4 Jan 2022
3237 posts
  •  
  •  
Groundhog
I got gifted a Meccano kit this Christmas, a Ducati.
Nice kit with new tools that made it a bit easier to build, but annoyingly a missing part for the windscreen. I've had that with a couple of Meccano kits now.
19 Jan
6:59pm, 19 Jan 2022
1117 posts
  •  
  •  
Will Crash
I like that. Especially ze tyres
19 Jan
9:46pm, 19 Jan 2022
41071 posts
  •  
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
That's annoying Groundhog. Looks good though. What's build time on a kit like that? :-) G
20 Jan
1:47pm, 20 Jan 2022
3447 posts
  •  
  •  
Groundhog
HappyG(rrr) it took me about 3-4 hours on Christmas day so that might have been affected by booze and food intake. Meccano can be frustratingly fiddly sometimes and this was the case with this kit as some of the nuts need to be held in difficult to reach places, while holding the rest of the part and turning a screw. It's easy if you happen to be a weird alien with three tiny hands. I did enjoy it though and I like the look of the bike.
20 Jan
2:05pm, 20 Jan 2022
41092 posts
  •  
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Yeah, looks really good. What bit was missing? :-) G
20 Jan
3:29pm, 20 Jan 2022
3449 posts
  •  
  •  
Groundhog
It was a bar at the top of the windscreen

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by HappyG(rrr)
I can't believe that we've got Crafts, Gardening, Computer Games, but not model cars, trains...!

Just don't call them toys!

My particular hobby is 1/10th scale radio controlled car racing. We have some Airfix model builders in here too. Come join in! :-) G

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.