Sniffin' Glue

7 watchers
Jun 2021
9:41am, 23 Jun 2021
2,482 posts
  •  
Groundhog
Another almost finished. A Bristol Beaufighter Airfix kit I got for my birthday a few months ago.
PK
Jun 2021
2:31pm, 23 Jun 2021
962 posts
  •  
PK
Nice, like the colour scheme
Jul 2021
8:16pm, 5 Jul 2021
2,516 posts
  •  
Groundhog
I have had a few things on the go at once. This one just finished is a Tamiya 1:12 Yamaha XV1600 Wild Star.
PK
Jul 2021
9:17pm, 5 Jul 2021
974 posts
  •  
PK
That's absolutely fab Grounhog. Detail is amazing.
Jul 2021
9:20am, 6 Jul 2021
39,090 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Ooh, that's cool Groundhog. Like it.

I'm still doing the radio controlled electric model car racing. Haven't done much with painting new bodies or anything, but have done quite a load of electrics and electronic upgrades to the motors, throttle and the controller. And changed wheels and tyres (badly - one tyre came off the rim in a race. Bad pit crew!) :-) G
Jul 2021
1:40pm, 6 Jul 2021
2,519 posts
  •  
Groundhog
The Tamiya motorbike kits are really good. Always built with detailed engine and frame as much like the real thing as possible, even if the whole lot is covered in faring. It was interesting to learn a bit about this bike. Obviously targeted at America it is a Harley copy, even to the extent of using push rods and unbalancing the engine and rigidly connecting it to the frame so you could really feel the vibration.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Groundhog
Model Fetchies - Planes, Trains and Automobiles (and Bikes and Tanks)

I got an Airfix model kit f...