Earphones

3 watchers
Aug 2012
2:57pm, 2 Aug 2012
2,785 posts
  •  
sallykate
I have the orange Sennheisers with a band round the back of my neck but they were less than £20 well over 2 years ago. I think the connector might be going a bit now (it's either that or my 4 year old iPod) but they are comfortable and they stay on my ears. The individual type tended to fall off (mainly when I was rowing and getting a lot sweater than when I run).
Aug 2012
3:01pm, 2 Aug 2012
2,786 posts
  •  
sallykate
Oh and Sennheiser customer service is good if they break within a year. I bought some foldable headphones for my husband which he used almost daily when commuting. The cable broke where it joined to the headphones after about 10 months; Sennheiser sent a new pair as a replacement without question.
Aug 2012
3:04pm, 2 Aug 2012
1,418 posts
  •  
Mark J
I had the same experience Sally but I kind of feel that I shouldn't be needing to send them back if they were reasonable quality in the first place. I know they were "cheap" but that's not the point really.
Aug 2012
7:42pm, 2 Aug 2012
14 posts
  •  
andydgg
went through two pairs of the seinheisser orange ones and both stop working first time I ran in the rain, I sent one pair back and got a replacement which lasted all of a couple of days till it rained again, using karrimor from sports direct wrap around that look just like senheiser, sound as good and cost £4.99 as opposed to the 20 quid the seinheisser cost, and so far have lasted in all the rain we've had this last couple of months save your money and buy the cheaper ones
Jan 2014
10:21am, 27 Jan 2014
15,280 posts
  •  
DeeGee
I've been using a pair of Sennheiser over-the-ear deelies for just over a year, but they now seem to be on their way out. I'd buy another pair, but I found, strangely, that if I plugged them into a phone to listen to music, I couldn't hear anything unless I was holding down the volume control. This isn't normally a problem as I use an MP3 player where the problem doesn't occur, but sometimes, just sometimes, I only want to carry one device with me.

So I'm looking for a replacement, ideally before Quadzilla. I don't want to pay stupid money for them - I find that I seem to go through headphones quickly. However, I do want to be able to hear speech over the sound of traffic noise and I don't want to be conscious that they're falling out. That's why I've generally gone for the over the ear things. I'm not a fan of neckbands. I don't need controls on the cable or a hands-free mic.
Jan 2014
11:21am, 27 Jan 2014
4,225 posts
  •  
paul the builder
So what about the ones Herman suggested on this thread?
Jan 2014
11:29am, 27 Jan 2014
15,281 posts
  •  
DeeGee
You know what, PtB. I've only just reread this thread and found out that it's mine!
Jun 2015
2:56pm, 8 Jun 2015
2,256 posts
  •  
Hackett
Yurbuds going cheap on sweatshop weekly deals - How does the sizings work !?!?
Jun 2015
3:26pm, 8 Jun 2015
16,557 posts
  •  
DeeGee
Have you a link?
Jun 2015
4:37pm, 8 Jun 2015
24,547 posts
  •  
idio
My Sennheiser's broke and replaced the with Yurbuds and they have been fine so far.

About This Thread

Maintained by DeeGee
I know that it's naughty to run with earphones, and even more naughty to ride a bike with earphones...