Dartmoor Discovery Ultra Marathon

15 watchers
7 Jun
1:31pm, 7 Jun 2022
729 posts
  •  
Shades
Oscar - great news you got that number.☺️

Unfortunately I'm a DNS. I went over on my ankle 3 weeks ago, thought it was OK but only got as far as 7 miles into my marathon on Sunday before I was in pain and what was more painful was realising I wouldn't make the start line at DD. The cutoffs are difficult for me but I was planning to have a go even if I had to pull up at 20 miles.

Hope you have a great run.
7 Jun
2:26pm, 7 Jun 2022
45,698 posts
  •  
♪♫ Synge ♪♫
Sorry to hear that, Shades.

Best of luck, Oscar! (You can tell me all about it on 25 June!)
7 Jun
2:31pm, 7 Jun 2022
730 posts
  •  
Shades
Synge - you not running DD then?

I saw RP at Easter, he was running well and still on target for his 100th at DD.
7 Jun
2:41pm, 7 Jun 2022
45,704 posts
  •  
♪♫ Synge ♪♫
No - it clashes with a "going on holiday" diary commitment. If it had been a half marathon, I think I would have got a pass to run it, but when I disclosed my likely finish time and return home time, it quickly moved from "Tentative" to "Not happening"! :(

But I've got one or two other nice events in June and July. :)
7 Jun
2:57pm, 7 Jun 2022
4,885 posts
  •  
Oscar the Grouch
Sorry to hear that, Shades. That's bad luck.

Synge, you're at Giant's Head? Excellent 😀
7 Jun
3:30pm, 7 Jun 2022
36,033 posts
  •  
LazyDaisy
A clubmate is doing this - her first ultra - she's Alison from Almost Athletes (purple club vest). She's trained really well for it and is an all-round lovely person - if you see her give her a shout of encouragement please!

And good luck Oscar!
7 Jun
4:25pm, 7 Jun 2022
4,886 posts
  •  
Oscar the Grouch
Will do! Tis a friendly race in any case

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

My cheque is in the post :-)