•  
Oscar the Grouch
I doubt I said anything repeatable!
12 Mar
12:51pm, 12 Mar 2024
1,934 posts
  •  
Shades
It's definitely a race that at times you have to dig deep.

One year I passed a runner at about 18 miles, he wouldn't speak to me, he was sobbing his heart out. I think the race was tougher than he expected.
17 Apr
8:44pm, 17 Apr 2024
52,169 posts
  •  
♪♫ Synge ♪♫
I can report that there were quite a lot of DD hoodies in evidence at Oscar’s funeral today. (Brief blog uploaded if you are interested.) Apparently his Running Forever clubmates are going to be there in force this year. 🙁
18 Apr
6:46am, 18 Apr 2024
2,283 posts
  •  
Shades
Synge - there's always a big turnout from Running Forever club at DD and I expect they'll keep that going in memory of Oscar.

Off to read your blog
18 Apr
6:51am, 18 Apr 2024
2,284 posts
  •  
Shades
Synge - what a send off, very moving.
19 Apr
3:29pm, 19 Apr 2024
52,176 posts
  •  
♪♫ Synge ♪♫
I have been in touch with Emma, Scott's wife, and she is going to be among the crowd from Running Forever who will be taking part.

I definitely won't be there. My daughter has been waiting for some professional exam results and the re-sit date is the Monday after the DD. If she had failed any of them, I would have pulled the plug on our Lakes adventure to enable her to prepare for the re-sit, which would have meant I could do the DD, but she got the results yesterday and that won't be necessary. :-)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

My cheque is in the post :-)