Cost of Living

29 watchers
Aug 2022
5:09pm, 27 Aug 2022
29,146 posts
  •  
HellsBells
Jen HB milk freezes really well if you have some containers to decant it into. We have milkman milk in glass bottles but I always have at least 1 x 2pt supermarket one in the freezer for emergencies
Aug 2022
6:06pm, 27 Aug 2022
92,327 posts
  •  
Hanneke
I used to buy 2 litres of unpasteurised organic raw milk from a farm and decanted into 3 half pint bottles which I froze. Sadly they are quite far away and I don't drive past much any more...

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by EvilPixie
With the news (again) being filled with doom and gloom about prices I thought a thread on the topic might be good.

I have seen a few threads about air fryers etc that include comments on cost - yes they are cheaper to run but cost a lot to buy!

But what about the smaller habits.

Bread .... given the cost of fuel is making it cheaper than buying as you have to use the oven? I don't have a smart meter so don't know the cost of heating my oven apart from knowing it will cost elec...