BETTER WITHOUT ADS? Become a voluntary supporter

Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Support thread for parents of teenagers

135 watchers
2 Apr
9:14pm, 2 Apr 2021
21445 posts
Serendippily
Shared presence is always the best conversation approach. Direct questions are hard, i buy a lot of jigsaws as once c9 is distracted she often starts chatting
3 Apr
8:31am, 3 Apr 2021
9264 posts
leaguefreak
I'm missing the long drives to hockey matches. That's how I usually get to chat to my kids.

Cedd's first high school parents evening was a success. (The y7 one didn't happen because of covid). We took the tactical decision not to meet the art or music teachers as he has as much natural talent as a brick in those areas and assured me he behaves well and puts effort in. None of us thought ten minutes of being told he's below average in an area he already knows he's bad at would help anything.

I had a spare teen eating subway and avoiding eye contact in my garden yesterday. It was lovely. They seemed relieved to be told to set up garden chairs away from us!!!!
3 Apr
12:20pm, 3 Apr 2021
1640 posts
Lorraine
For various reason, mainly MH my eldest started university age 21, just as most of her friends had finished. She isn’t the oldest on her course, has made some great friends ( all the same age as her ) and is really getting a lot out of the course.

She is there because she wants to be not because of school/peer pressure.

When she left school she was adamant that university wasn’t the place for her then. As she said universities aren’t going anywhere I can go at any age if that’s what I want to do.
3 Apr
3:10pm, 3 Apr 2021
46136 posts
LindsD
That's great to hear from both of you

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by LindsD
Thread was started by Trin, back when her kids were in their teens.

A place to vent, but also to share good news.

Close