Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Coronavirus **support** thread

4 lurkers | 159 watchers
4:45am
4:45am, 26 Nov 2020
51666 posts
plodding hippo
Good news Macca
As I said on the other thread..got 4 co workers off with it.
One has lost 2 elderly relatives and has a brother in law in hospital. Hes blaming himself

Btw. 50 isn't considered " young"
It gives you a point on the Covid risk assessment score

I'm 55
And in theory anyone over 60 isn't supposed to work on a Covid ward....hm...wonder how long that will last
8:14am
8:14am, 26 Nov 2020
4232 posts
ThorntonRunner
My dad (92 with mobility issues) had an appointment in the next town yesterday so needed me to take him. Mum (96) accompanied him. We all wore masks in the car and had a window open, and the journey took 15 minutes.
Mrs TR had notification last night that one of the other members of staff at the small primary school where she works has tested positive. Mrs TR isn't required to isolate as she's not considered to be a close contact, although she has had conversations with her in the corridor in the last few days.
Hopefully it's not an issue, but it is a concern. I am wfh, so have very few contacts apart from Mrs TR, but I am going to think carefully about how to further limit risk (currently I call in on my parents once a week to deliver/pick up washing we do for them). I stay for less than 10 minutes while mum sorts the washing for me to bring back to wash, and I stay well distanced and talk softly.
Coincidentally we had our ONS Survey swabs and bloods taken yesterday afternoon, so will received confirmation of out covid status at the point I was in the car with my parents.
9:13am
9:13am, 26 Nov 2020
38313 posts
DingDocMerrily
hopefully no issue will result, TR, but does demonstrate how easily and unknowingly something well thought out and careful can turn into a serious risk
9:41am
9:41am, 26 Nov 2020
12506 posts
geordiegirl
My uncle is testament to that because of his chemo status they have all been super careful but seems grandson had picked up virus from school and helping to replace an oven in a ventilated room which I know my cousin would have been disinfected / bleached to within an inch of his life has being put at risk. But then 3 schools covered between the family.

Just wish they’d rang us we could have helped. But her dad also likes to be useful and is very much a do-er.
10:16am
10:16am, 26 Nov 2020
15667 posts
Autumnleaves
It's so tough to balance risks with help and support isn't it TR? I hope all is well. We are just trying to work our way through Christmas and the expectations of what we might do, against what we feel comfortable with doing, and what our vulnerable relatives might want us to do (in some cases these last two will clash!)
10:18am
10:18am, 26 Nov 2020
1497 posts
Roberto
Strangely feeling much better in myself today so far. Allowed out again so took the dog for a short stroll around the estate. Tiring and laboured breathing throughout but managed. Now just curled up on the couch together.

Throat still sore but can swallow easier again. Think im coming out the other side, just need to deal with the fatigue.

Thank you everyone for your support and well wishes. For someone who is quite introverted and doesnt particularly like social situations, ive really missed the social side of life while being cooped up. Even talking on the phone gets me out of breath so been avoiding it.
10:20am
10:20am, 26 Nov 2020
12507 posts
geordiegirl
Hope all is ok TR this can just ping from nowhere despite all precautions been taken. I’m sure with mask and open windows you’ll be fine and hope the ONS results are negative.
10:22am
10:22am, 26 Nov 2020
12508 posts
geordiegirl
Oh Roberto you’ve had it bad but glad you’ve managed a walk around the block rest up and hopefully you will be fixed soon. The virus I had in January I couldn’t talk for more than a couple of minutes I’d be out of breath and coughing like crazy so I’ve been thankful that covid was less intrusive.

That said my neck and legs still ache and my lower back joined in yesterday. And still get tied easily. Take care and keep getting well.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by DingDocMerrily
PLEASE NOTE
There is a separate discussion thread for debating the grander scheme of things here: fetcheveryone.com/forum/coronavirus-discussion-thread-61609

Go there if you want to talk about whether it's real, whether the government are trying to control us, etc, etc.

===

information, discussion and support about the unfolding Covid-19 outbreak
NO politics please
And above all please be kind and respect others points of view and concerns.

microbiologists view byFlatlander
Science of coronavirus
fetcheveryone.com/blog/37839/2020/3#blog403867
coronavirus testing by Flatlander
fetcheveryone.com/blog/37839/2020/4#blog405255

information for ashtma sufferers
asthma.org.uk

information for pregnancy
rcog.org.uk

imperial article
imperial.ac.uk
imperial.ac.uk

Government advice gov.uk

advice for those with RA and autoinmmune diseases
nras.org.uk

diabetes advice
diabetes.org.uk

explaination of the maths of the growth of the epidemic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kas0tIxDvrg&fbclid=IwAR3exg0rG_Bz3gPqjXY3rcFajqVSk-cOK5lQGVkYcuzoMOdNEp7VTgH-Kac&app=desktop

tips to help you cope
drive.google.com

Advice to stay at home
assets.publishing.service.gov.uk

planning for and what to do if you are ill
covid-at-home.info
support for self isolates
nhsvolunteerresponders.org.uk

Ft coronavirus tracker
ft.com

A good article about dealing with the feelings of grief that the current situation has given us hbr.org

advice on self isolation for indivuals with symptoms or and their household
gov.uk

seven day rolling averages
ourworldindata.org

A sustainable exit strategy document
institute.global

susceptibility to covid by flatlander
fetcheveryone.com/blog/37839/2020/5#blog406151

bromage article
erinbromage.com

government guidelines 11th may for England(NI, Scotland and Wales linked at the bottom of article)
gov.uk

breathing practice
physiotherapyforbpd.org.uk

lancet articles
thelancet.com

help with mask anxiety
psychologytoday.com

tracker
travellingtabby.com

video of droplet dispersal
https://youtu.be/DNeYfUTA11s