Controversial Marathon thread

5 watchers
Aug 2016
2:47pm, 1 Aug 2016
32,466 posts
  •  
Hills of Death (HOD)
I'm at the same stage mate but I still want to feel comfortable at 3.30 ;-)
Aug 2016
2:51pm, 1 Aug 2016
1,428 posts
  •  
Spleen
I have only done 8 (reaching 10 this year) so it is a little too early for me to talk about reaching 100. But so far I have used marathons to see the world a bit, both in the UK and abroad. I usually get bored on holidays but if there's a marathon to structure it around it's a different matter. So I feel that if I'm tired of marathons before I've reached 100 I must be tired of life - if there isn't anywhere in the world I could possibly want to go and run a marathon and combine with some sightseeing.

Certainly if I did find I was getting bored of them at around the 70 mark or earlier I wouldn't persist with them - plenty of other challenges in running, let alone the world. But if I was at 90 I'd probably force myself to find a few more.

During the Cheddar Gorge Marathon I overtook an old boy with a 100 Club vest and so I asked him "which number's this one". "Two hundred and sixty seven" he wheezed back. Mindblowing. If he can manage 267 without getting bored of them then I have no reason not to reach 100.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Hills of Death (HOD)
A lot of my friends have done one or two marathons and some of them like Foxy, Plodding Hippo, Kaz e...