Cold feet

1 watcher
azx
Mar 2021
8:41pm, 7 Mar 2021
73 posts
  •  
azx
My typical ride is about 1.5 hours if on a weekday or 4+ hours on a weekend day. Am alternating with running. I prefer to run if it's really cold rather than ride though. Even on a warm summer's day my feet can get cold on a long ride. My legs don't get cold so I usually ride in shorts.
SPR
Mar 2021
8:45pm, 7 Mar 2021
33,484 posts
  •  
SPR
You're going to lose heat from extremities first so doubt wearing shorts is a good idea if your feet are getting cold.
Mar 2021
8:48pm, 7 Mar 2021
22,089 posts
  •  
Dvorak
I nearly always used to ride on shorts, even in really cold weather. My legs felt fine. Then a couple of years ago I had the revelation that my calves were acting as massive radiators, and if my radiators were insulated, more heat would get to the end of the pipework.
azx
Mar 2021
8:53pm, 7 Mar 2021
74 posts
  •  
azx
Thanks for that info. I hadn't considered that my legs might be making my feet cold. That puts a new perspective on things. Cheers, I'll try covering my legs and see how that works. Cheers!
Apr 2022
3:03pm, 18 Apr 2022
134,492 posts
  •  
GregP

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by azx
Anyone got any tips for stopping my feet going numb while riding in the cold? Not only do I have neo...