Would you run with an ankle support?

1 watcher
Feb 2014
2:31pm, 4 Feb 2014
4,261 posts
  •  
HermanBloom
Ok thanks guys. Food for thought. It's "just" the four miles tonight so thought this would be the perfect opportunity to test it out.
Feb 2014
8:38am, 5 Feb 2014
674 posts
  •  
Fitz
Di d my 4 this morning. No problem with the ankle and new orthotics gave me no grief, although I still have a Compeed on my foot from Saturday's first run with them fitted.

However, I woke up with a back ache! Really painful and stiff in the lower back. I am prepared to give up on atheism and pray very very hard that this is not a return to the back problems I had years ago.
Feb 2014
8:38am, 5 Feb 2014
675 posts
  •  
Fitz
How did you get on, HB?
Feb 2014
9:17am, 5 Feb 2014
4,264 posts
  •  
HermanBloom
It went OK thanks. Took it slow, with the support on. Bit of tenderness there this morning but not much at all. I won't be using the support for a long run (10+) as I refuse to believe that thing won't rub at a certain point and cause an issue. May run in it for tomorrow's 7 miler though.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by HermanBloom
Hi guys,

After a 14-miler nine days ago (Sunday) I had an ankle issue when running on the Tuesday...