Chester Marathon and Metric Marathon 2022

27 watchers
14 Mar
10:54am, 14 Mar 2022
3543 posts
  •  
Irontubs
Not that it took much, but I've been persuaded to join you lot in October :-)
14 Mar
10:56am, 14 Mar 2022
31383 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
yeah
14 Mar
10:59am, 14 Mar 2022
20179 posts
  •  
Ness
Excellent! 😀👍
14 Mar
11:01am, 14 Mar 2022
17331 posts
  •  
larkim
Got my hands on a second Chester 2021 top yesterday for £5 whilst my son was doing the 10k. Definitely a cheaper and less stressful way of earning the t-shirt!

(And bought one for my better half too even though she didn't run it as the style and looseness of it wasn't something we'd been able to find similar anywhere else!)
14 Mar
12:50pm, 14 Mar 2022
56828 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
Excellent news, Tubs :)

Did your son enjoy the 10k, larkim?
14 Mar
2:42pm, 14 Mar 2022
17337 posts
  •  
larkim
He loved it. With the difficulties he's got, I'm always impressed he can focus on pacing himself for that long but he found a decent sweetspot yesterday to get round in 1:05 and a PB so he was buzzing for the rest of the day (he even had to head out into our garden for an impromptu dance show to celebrate, which was nice as normally he does that in the kitchen and he really, really can't sing!)

When we signed up we put a few words in the "tell us your story" section which I assmed would just be looked through for good social media stories prior to the race as part of the marketing etc, but actually they read it out as he finished the race so got his moment of glory too!

They are a superb organising group and as my sort of adopted home city I do think it's one of the nicest places to finish a race with a great atmosphere on the finish line.
14 Mar
3:23pm, 14 Mar 2022
22369 posts
  •  
GimmeMedals
Excellent news Irontubs :)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Velociraptor
2nd October 2022.

Who's in? Who's thinking about it? Which distance are you doing? How's your training going? Where are you going to stay? Stick around for random chat, support, and pre-and post-race social arrangements. I'll try to keep the sidebar up to date.

ENTERED
Metric Marathon
fetcheveryone.com/races/mbna-chester-metric-marathon-6050582
clare1976
jennywren
XB
Sushi
HellsBells

Marathon
fetcheveryone.com/races/mbna-chester-marathon-6050573
Evil Pixie
Ness