Cateran Trail Ultramarathon - http://cateran55ultra.webnode.com/

32 watchers
May 2016
12:47pm, 13 May 2016
9,719 posts
  •  
_andy
Sorry to hear that both Mrs S and HG won't be there. We'll try to still have a great time without you.

I'm planning on having really easy first half (since the Fling was only a fortnight ago) and then see how that works for me for the second half, that is beyond Blairgowrie. I am expecting a PW, but plan on having a good day out. And a great weekend all round.
May 2016
1:50pm, 13 May 2016
1,376 posts
  •  
shanksi
Have fun, _andy. Hope everyone has a fine time.
May 2019
5:19pm, 8 May 2019
31,309 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
As Andy said, bit of an old thread, but from 3 years ago, I seem to have an extended / deferred entry! Eep! :-) G
May 2019
10:14pm, 8 May 2019
553 posts
  •  
M1nty
Are you a late entry Happy G? Great to hear. What's your aim for the race, realistically? I'm planning to start really steadily... and then get slower.

Anyone else on here running on Saturday?
May 2019
11:43pm, 8 May 2019
7,888 posts
  •  
Duchess
Nope, but I'll be around :-)
May 2019
6:29am, 9 May 2019
31,311 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Yeah Minty. I've entered before but had to pull out with injury. Realised it was Ks last so got a late entry. Not done any ultra training so just hoping to complete. 12 hrs plus prob. So keeping Oz sweeper company! See yous on Sat! :-) G
May 2019
10:40pm, 13 May 2019
554 posts
  •  
M1nty
Wow!
May 2019
10:41pm, 13 May 2019
555 posts
  •  
M1nty
... trying to prove I'm not always verbose.

What a weekend that was!
May 2019
8:10am, 14 May 2019
31,368 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
It was fantastic, wasn't it? You had a brilliant run, well done. I thought I was going to get to run with you for a bit, but you sped off after a few miles and I never saw you again! :-) G
May 2019
2:00pm, 14 May 2019
557 posts
  •  
M1nty
It was just lovely to see it all come together for Lintie and Loon Dod - that Crocodile Dundee guy deserves a medal too.

Freezing cold and stair rods raining down on the car roof all Friday night where I was trying to sleep, spent 5 minutes in the morning scraping the ice off the INSIDE of the windows, snow on the nearby hill-top, stepped out of the car and...

... What a glorious day. Sunshine, blue skies and the best views for miles around. I missed most of the presentation to K&G when I realised 10 minutes before the race start I'd left my drop bags in my car. Doh!

Race plan was to take it steady first half. I started with the sweepers and managed that for 3 miles, you know how it is. Your legs start working and you see the next runner on the horizon and chase him down, then the next one.

Reach half-way and realise you're gubbed. On 31 miles though, I teamed up with the other George, and we ran most of the rest of the course together, spurring each other on to run instead of taking the easy option. At one stage I thought I could PB, but that 2nd half sure has some sucker punches up it's sleeve. We rolled in 12:36 after the start, 16 mins of my PB, and I finished 42nd out of 85 finishers, 101 starters - top half whichever way you look at it :-)

Very different than the Spittal Hotel days. Much less rowdy and boozy, unless I was just in the wrong room. Best anyway, as I'm still abstaining since Jan 1st until the end of the WHW race. Gotta finish that one or I'll never get a beer.

Lintie & Loon Dod were treated how they should be for their last RD job. 20 ultras between them must take some doing. There's talk of K running the Cateran next year with Ritchie Cunningham taking over RD role.

There' - that's more like my length of post.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lintie