Cambridge half marathon 2012

14 watchers
Mar 2012
2:26pm, 11 Mar 2012
728 posts
  •  
PowerJen
Well done to everybody. Lots of Fetchies out there today!

A massive 11+ minute PB for me today. Not sunk in yet.
Ted
Mar 2012
2:39pm, 11 Mar 2012
11,019 posts
  •  
Ted
Excellent running Jen
Mar 2012
2:52pm, 11 Mar 2012
11,283 posts
  •  
HellsBells
well done everybody
saw Rich, Minardi, DeaJay as I was heading for church - hope you enjoyed our ringing.
Didn't realise that the market square was going to be completely cut off from the west side, and neither did anyone else - the main pack of runners coming through at the same time as the biggest service in Cambridge starting made for quite a bit of confusion!
Mar 2012
2:56pm, 11 Mar 2012
460 posts
  •  
DeaJay
Brilliant. :-) Well done Jen. Thought you were on for a massive PB when we saw you in the last couple of miles.

Thanks for the support HB. Loved the bells. :-)
Mar 2012
3:08pm, 11 Mar 2012
206 posts
  •  
Andy106
Thanks for the support today. PB for me too......good race if you don't want to go off too fast which suited me but I'd bet the fast boys and girls found it a bit windy. Ran on my heart beat today and ran absolutely dot my plan. Good indication of being on plan for VLM
Mar 2012
3:24pm, 11 Mar 2012
5,368 posts
  •  
OllyW
I ran over the riverside bridge about 2 hours into the race and was quite surprised at the volume of people running. How was the course? Seemed to have the potential to get crowded in places.

I'm disappointed to have missed out on a place this year so am hoping that any wrinkles can be ironed out before next year :)
Mar 2012
3:37pm, 11 Mar 2012
3 posts
  •  
Rob P 84
Hi olly, it is a really nice route around the colleges and through a few parks but quite a twisty course. I jogged round mk half last week and the Cambridge course is 100 times better. Really enjoyed the race, well organized and possibly the best medal I've collected so far! Will defiantly run this again next year.
Mar 2012
3:40pm, 11 Mar 2012
5,370 posts
  •  
OllyW
Rob - I ran MK last weekend - horrible! Wish I'd been organised enough to get a place in this one. I live on Riverside (near 11 mile marker) so it was great to see so many people running on my patch :)
Mar 2012
4:37pm, 11 Mar 2012
4 posts
  •  
Rob P 84
It filled up really quickly didn't it. Brilliant day for a run today, unlike last weekend!
Mar 2012
4:38pm, 11 Mar 2012
977 posts
  •  
minardi.
Very nice bling but I didn't enjoy that out and back for the last 3 miles. Saw Andy (that was you fetch'd up today? or was there another Andy in fetch running! - I did shout out but you were obviously in the zone) And I think I saw Ndellar (not fetch'd up?) And obviously Deajay and sorry, didn't catch the name of the other lovely fetchie at the start (apologies)
The bells were fab, HB - thanks for organising those :-)

The signs saying to slow down due to sharp bend made me smile - not sure how much slower I could have been :-)
But the M11 was closed on the journey home so we had about an hour detour :-(

About This Thread

Maintained by mcshane
Anyone else seen this? onestepbeyond.org.uk

11th March 20...