BNP Leader to appear on Question Time

9 watchers
Jul 2011
12:39pm, 8 Jul 2011
11,567 posts
  •  
Pammie
Saw a bit of it on our break last night. It was a bit lovely - yes?
Jul 2011
12:39pm, 8 Jul 2011
11,568 posts
  •  
Pammie
Doh i mean lively
Jul 2011
12:42pm, 8 Jul 2011
15,324 posts
  •  
Frobester
It was lovely, look you, wasn't it!

No, lively indeed. The ex-Sun man was, well, an ex-Sun man, and became gradually more and more despised as the programme went on, Hugh Grant grew a pair, Douglas Alexander and Shirl the Pearl didn't do bad, and Grayling squirmed with the air of someone late for the pre-broadcast Conservative Central Office briefing...
Jul 2011
1:15pm, 8 Jul 2011
11,859 posts
  •  
Johnny Blaze
I thought Hugh was pretty good and quite brave. The Sun guy was a total shafter. No surprise there then.
Jul 2011
3:28pm, 8 Jul 2011
6,647 posts
  •  
jono82
wait until the appearance before the enquiry starts and the evidence under oath - running in tandem with the court prosecutions - the shit storm is about to be unleashed........bye bye cameron
Jul 2011
3:33pm, 8 Jul 2011
5,600 posts
  •  
Son of a Pronator Man
too much to hope for but it would be nice. Any suggestion that Cameron knew about phone hacking, or paying off Police officers and he is toast
Jul 2011
3:39pm, 8 Jul 2011
6,650 posts
  •  
jono82
I spent the day yesterday talking about this in work and theres one thing that springs to mind - British governments are not bought down by economic strains, indistrial disputes, wars but by scandal - and this is going to be one big big big scandal :)
Apr 2014
9:27am, 3 Apr 2014
3,240 posts
  •  
Q Mac
Delete BNP, insert UKIP and Lib Dem Ldr- discuss, Farage or Clegg the winner was? .....
Apr 2014
9:41am, 3 Apr 2014
15,667 posts
  •  
DeeGee
I've decided I don't really care. I'd like "the people" to realise that the European Election isn't a chance to show the government what they think of them and to treat it with the respect it needs, and filling Strasbourg with politicians who want to abolish it isn't really going to do that.

However, if this is all about who is going to be kingmaker next year, then it's even less relevant - as any Liberal Democrat will vouch, being the minor pary in a "Modern British Coalition" just means that the government asks you to sell its crap policies to the public rather than actually haveing any real role in shaping Britain. In a way, I'd like Farage to be in Clegg's position if we are to have another Conservative government foisted upon us.

(Although there'll definitely be an in-out referendum. I just hope that goes the same way as Clegg's AV vote.)
Apr 2014
9:47am, 3 Apr 2014
3,243 posts
  •  
Q Mac
If we are a true democracy, what is so wrong with PR?

About This Thread

Maintained by Johnny Blaze
news.bbc.co.uk

That's not right! Or is it?