Any tips for a commuter wanting to run to work?

20 watchers
Feb 2015
1:19pm, 11 Feb 2015
24,062 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
They are dark blue and they are shorts (just very short shorts) not banana hammock jobs. Even I wouldn't do that! :-O
Feb 2015
2:14pm, 11 Feb 2015
3,678 posts
  •  
Wine Legs
You've ruined the image for me now.... hmph. It was funnier my way.
Jul 2015
2:15pm, 17 Jul 2015
16,611 posts
  •  
DeeGee
How's it going into summer, run commuters?
Aug 2015
11:27pm, 16 Aug 2015
78 posts
  •  
wrxmania
I am hoping to run commute again for the first time in a few months again tomorrow.

I live 16 miles from work in in-runnable roads so I drive to a local gym, run the 6 miles to work, shower/change (always leave as much at work as I can) and then get changed again at the end of the day to run back to my car. I pick up those clothes next day. I also often bring a spare t shirt/socks for running home in. Saves any issues of horrible kit. The shirts are usually fine.

Issues are I need multiple sets of shoes and, as I am suit/shirt etc it needs to be pretty well planned. Do-able though and a great way to get 12 miles in, with little impact on my wife/toddler time!

Brian.
Aug 2015
9:16am, 25 Aug 2015
16,646 posts
  •  
DeeGee
Why do you need multiple sets of shoes? Leave your work pair at work, have your run/travel pair on when you're not at work.

It does take planning. I've got the "kit in on Monday" routine pretty well sorted now. My problem is when my plans change and I need to drive to a different site that morning. I usually get decent notice of this but I lack the organisational skill to remember to take that day's clothes back home with me.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by arbster
Clearly everyone's situation will be slightly different, but I wonder if any of you who regularly o...