BETTER WITHOUT ADS? Become a voluntary supporter

Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

All about walking

55 watchers
27 Jul
11:30am, 27 Jul 2021
49936 posts
McGoohan
Aye aye.

It was in May 2018. This is the first blog
fetcheveryone.com/blog/137/2018/5#blog381359

We did four days, had a week off then went back in June to do another five to complete it.
27 Jul
11:31am, 27 Jul 2021
35258 posts
Nick Cook
I'm going up to the Peak District at the end of August, staying in Buxton. Just working out some walks/other things to do.
27 Jul
11:48am, 27 Jul 2021
51213 posts
Derby Tup
Thanks McG! A quick skim through start to Settle has given me a bit more idea of the way :-)
27 Jul
11:58am, 27 Jul 2021
49937 posts
McGoohan
One thing I want to stress is that, in retrospect, that small busy road section on Day One was absolutely horrible. But it looks like there is an alternative path.

So I'd strongly recommend doing that bit that I've highlighted with the purple arrows rather than that bit of road between the two red crosses. I'm not sure why they didn't put the official route that way.
27 Jul
12:15pm, 27 Jul 2021
51215 posts
Derby Tup
We have friends in Otley and drive that way from time to time. It’s not a nice road. It’d be potentially lethal after dark! Your detour looks very sensible

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by karl
Though I start a post about walking

As I see lots of fetch now logs walking

My aim is to cover...