I walk our 2 dogs most day or try to

Today I went out and done 5 miles by myself it was nice weather to

How Elsa enjoy walking and got goals for the year for walking
Feb 2019
8:43pm, 21 Feb 2019
17,244 posts
  •  
Dvorak
I covered around four miles in bits and bobs today, as it was a nicer day and I failed to actually run. During the course of it I bumped into an old mate who is planning the West Highland Way again and we shall hopefully have a walk (not of that scale!) sometime soon.

No targets for the year but hopefully will find a bit of motivation to cover some ground.
Feb 2019
9:04pm, 21 Feb 2019
3,717 posts
  •  
Alice the Camel
I've just started logging walking on Fetch as I'm curious to see how far our little dog walks in a year!

I'm using my Garmin to record dog walks. So far, Charlie has accompanied me on 174 miles of walks. He'll have notched up more miles than that of course, running around when off lead :-)
Feb 2019
9:05pm, 21 Feb 2019
3,718 posts
  •  
Alice the Camel
Good to see you on here again Karl!
Feb 2019
4:29pm, 22 Feb 2019
576 posts
  •  
karl
Did 2.5 miles today as a family with the 2 kids we did a penny hike were u toss a coin and if it head u go right and taill we go left kids love that ham then we stop at park for half hour
Feb 2019
4:47pm, 22 Feb 2019
32,469 posts
  •  
Nick Cook
I started logging my dog walks when I noticed there was a walking league. It also means I'm quite high up on Thingython.
Feb 2019
4:51pm, 22 Feb 2019
29,461 posts
  •  
Derby Tup
I’m trying to walk 30 to 60 mins a day while I can. Beautiful here today and just in from 45 mins or so
Feb 2019
5:31pm, 22 Feb 2019
21,480 posts
  •  
Wriggling Snake
Of late, the last year or so I have a morning or evening walk, clears the mind, 1-3 miles is all, very good for general health. Weekends can do 5-15, we'll take a few long hiking weekends, and at least 3 weeks away hiking something a bit bigger like a long distance path or a trip to Europe....
Feb 2019
5:47pm, 22 Feb 2019
14,415 posts
  •  
Sharkie
When I'm at the seaside I walk Jess, our German Shepherd, three or four times a week - usually between three and five miles, never less than three. In London I also walk a lot. Having a pensioner's bus/tube pass means I actually wlak more because I can hop on and off public transport at will without worrying I'm wasting money.

I have to make myself NOT walk quite often as it's been pointed out I'm in danger of sabotaging my other training! I know that sounds odd.
Feb 2019
6:14pm, 22 Feb 2019
8,765 posts
  •  
SarahWoo
At this time of the year, my walking is restricted to a not-very-pretty 1.4 mile walk at lunchtimes, Monday to Thursday, with lots more in beautiful surroundings for the other 3 days of the week.
Looking forward to light evenings so I can walk after work.
I’m logging all my walks here now and like the walking league.

About This Thread

Maintained by karl
Though I start a post about walking

As I see lots of fetch now logs walking

My aim is to cover...