AGMs - who turns up?
7:20pm, 30 Nov 2018
DingDongMerrilyDaisyWe get roughly 25% of our membership. (About 100 attendees.) As secretary I keep an eye on the numbers because if we have any changes to the constitution it has to be approved by two-thirds of the people attending.
We have a guest speaker and they are the attraction, really, and we don't get to their bit until the 'business' has been concluded, so it encourages everyone to get through that part quickly We do get the occasional query/suggestion, but I can't recall a serious challenge of any sort in the ten years I've been involved.
5:55pm, 6 Dec 2018
GroundhogWe get about 60 people turn up out of a membership of 400. But out of that 400, I would say 80-100 are active members that you see on a regular basis or are active on the club facebook page. 60-80% of the "active" members isn't too bad, but we might get a bit stuck if we had to change something in the constitution.
5:56pm, 6 Dec 2018
GroundhogPS, I turn up. Current chairman and former club secretary.
About This Thread
Maintained by Old Croc
- Unaffiliated runners and new UKA rules - what does it mean?
- Death Of The Club Run ...
- Question for club officials - how many VMLM places does your club get?
- London Marathon - club places
- How to handicap club races
- Post your club races here!
- Race organisers (and entrants) - a few questions
- Fetch Everyone Club Charter
- Running group names
- Club Top Tens