Ultracat
Link to club standards I am a member of

metroaberdeen.co.uk
7 Feb
8:03am, 7 Feb 2024
49,313 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
I don't think either of the clubs I'm in have a concept of standards. Lots of races in on and off road champs and a parkrun series inviter including volunteering and things. But no standards. :-) G
7 Feb
9:27pm, 7 Feb 2024
13,917 posts
  •  
Sombrero
Interestingly, my club have today announced "...Everything stems from percentages of age-cat World Records, so thanks to super-shoes, we'd risk having a very short Presentation Night, unless we adapted some of the percentages - as has always been the case previously.
The new Club Standards are attached and apply immediately (any Standards claimed already this year would still have been standards aswell anyway!😅 )
Depending on the distance/standard, you might see some small changes for better or worse but only by small margins."

I had no idea this was in the pipeline. It means that my new bronze target for 5k is 23.58 and I ran 23.55 at Southsea parkrun in January. It won't count as the new times have started 2 days ago but I'm really pleased it makes the targets more achievable for more people.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Sombrero
I've got a 1st claim club and a 2nd claim club.

For me, as a 48 year male, to get a bronze 5K standard, I would need the following times:

Clowne RC: 23.26 (48 male)

North Derbyshire RC: 20:38 (45-49 category)

I was wondering if anyone who's in a club has a similar club standard award and what your time would have to be for a 48 year male?