Aaarrrgghh - get well soon Bradley

2 watchers
Nov 2012
1:51pm, 8 Nov 2012
7,221 posts
  •  
Gymfreak
Shane Sutton has now had an accident as well! Bruising and bleeding on the brain. :( And yes, he had a helmet on as well as Brad.

Oh and of course GWS lovely Bradley.
may
Nov 2012
2:12pm, 8 Nov 2012
950 posts
  •  
may
Right it's sad to hear that he came off his bike but FFS it's all over sky news all morning a broken finger/rib this will get dragged on for weeks!! Bet he is sitting at home now cringing at the tv coverage!!!
Nov 2012
3:01pm, 8 Nov 2012
2,732 posts
  •  
The Teaboy
Heopfully the positive development will be that if our best and most famous cyclist and national hero can get knocked off and injured, then steps will be taken to improve driver education and road safety about and for cyclists.
Nov 2012
3:43pm, 8 Nov 2012
5,171 posts
  •  
Chrisull
Is it just me, or having run/cycled on roads over the past 5 years, and this year car drivers feel more aggressive, much less inclined to give space, and while over the last few years I've not been worried about going out, this year even as a pedestrian, I do feel nervous now, cars seem to be more likely to just accelerate on zebra crossings as you go to cross. Is it the national mood or something? It needs some proper bloody legislation to be honest from top to bottom, and none of the three major parties seem remotely capable of the vision or audacity needed.
Nov 2012
3:48pm, 8 Nov 2012
2,734 posts
  •  
The Teaboy
Not only that. But promoting cycling as a prominent form of transport for urban journeys has the potential to reduce fuel costs, congestion, improve health standards and benefit society in so many other ways.
Nov 2012
4:00pm, 8 Nov 2012
3,199 posts
  •  
Dai Bank
I agree with the Teaboy and Chrisull
Nov 2012
4:37pm, 8 Nov 2012
1,329 posts
  •  
postieboy
The government should look at the Dutch mentality to cycling and go from there. Cyclists and motorists share the road equally and there is a mutual respect between both, but I think that is because they are more often than not one and the same. It was a real eye opener when I went there last year to run the Rotterdam Marathon.
Nov 2012
8:39pm, 8 Nov 2012
9,311 posts
  •  
Girlie
If you're cycling on the main road is it ok to not stop at the traffic lights? There's a guy who cycles along the A15 between Yaxley and Hampton who never does, he just carries on even if they are on red. Today as he sailed through the ones at Claybourne Road junction was nearly hit by a car who was turning right out of that junction.
Nov 2012
8:44pm, 8 Nov 2012
45,410 posts
  •  
plodding hippo
Good question

I rarely see cycists stop at trafic lights, or at zebra crossings, which is why I was pleasanly surprised today

as far as i know, the highway code applies to cyclists too
Nov 2012
8:47pm, 8 Nov 2012
16,046 posts
  •  
Johnny Blaze
Last time I was in Holland, the vast majority of cyclists didn't wear helmets - a lot were in dedicated cycle lanes, but even so, I thought it was a bit strange.

About This Thread

Maintained by Johnny Blaze