Aaarrrgghh - get well soon Bradley

2 watchers
Nov 2012
7:16am, 9 Nov 2012
2,740 posts
  •  
The Teaboy
I stop. It is the cyclists who give us a bad name that piss me off.
Nov 2012
7:29am, 9 Nov 2012
6,675 posts
  •  
Mrs Winkle
I agree - I stop at red lights, and I don't cyrus on the pavement. I bloody sick of cyclists who do as we all get tarred with the same brush.
Nov 2012
9:01am, 9 Nov 2012
64 posts
  •  
Grandpa Flump
I have to agree, the cyclists that refuse to obey the rules of the road boil my piss. I hate being told I'm going to get myself killed and I'm a liability out there because some other prick has run a red light and given us all a bad image to the people that see it.
Nov 2012
9:08am, 9 Nov 2012
381 posts
  •  
FreshStart
I have to say that 90% of the cyclists I see in central London don't bother to stop at red lights/pedestrian crossings. As a minimum Boris bike users should be made to (a) wear helmets and (b) stay off the bloody pavements. Last week a twat on a bike nearly ran me over while I was using a pedestrian crossing. If the green man tells me I can cross the road then I'll cross the road, I don't appreciate you shouting abuse at me.
Nov 2012
9:13am, 9 Nov 2012
22,708 posts
  •  
Old Croc
agree with the top 2 posts. I stop at lights and dont ride on the pavement.
Nov 2012
9:21am, 9 Nov 2012
1,231 posts
  •  
Curly45
I always stop at lights, but certain pavements around here are bike paths - I tend to take the easiest option in those cases - sometime I use them if its easier, but often I stay on the road (for example if they rejoin again in a few metres). I dont think this sort of design helps actually... it confuses cars when I indicate to go up on the pavement!!
Nov 2012
9:27am, 9 Nov 2012
6,676 posts
  •  
Mrs Winkle
I do often cycle on pavements if they're cycle paths, but that's entirely different. What I don't do is pelt along at full speed on pavements that aren't cycle paths, wearing dark clothes and with no lights on my bike at night.
Nov 2012
9:30am, 9 Nov 2012
55 posts
  •  
TeeBee (TamsB)
great (heated) debate going on on 5live at the moment
Nov 2012
9:35am, 9 Nov 2012
1,232 posts
  •  
Curly45
Very few are obviously marked as cycle paths (Staines Rd into twickers is one where I stay on the road but its actually a shared pavement supposedly)...It does feel a bit like having cake and eating it if you have some and not others, but then I dont drive so perhaps car drivers are aware that some pavements are cycle paths?
Nov 2012
9:46am, 9 Nov 2012
22,194 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
I had the misfortune to catch the subject being discussed on the Jeremy Vine show yesterday. I assume they binned all the messages that said something like, "Most drivers are sensible, most cyclists are sensible and many also drive cars, and there's room on the road for all of us."

About This Thread

Maintained by Johnny Blaze