1500 miles in 2018

41 watchers
Jun 2018
9:45am, 18 Jun 2018
6,052 posts
  •  
Jono.
Morning all - just work today, NO physical activity then :-)
Jun 2018
12:59pm, 18 Jun 2018
327 posts
  •  
Richard-M
I cycled this morning, it thought about raining but didn't. Legs are surprisingly good after yesterdays long run :)

I spent last night trying to work out the route guidance for Herts Hobble - almost impossible to map...
I have bought a map... my phone has a compass - what could go wrong...?
I hope they put a gpx up soon...

Enjoy your rest day Jono
Jun 2018
1:31pm, 18 Jun 2018
22,708 posts
  •  
DocMoye
i need them to not put the gpx up until after sons last exam on thursday......cant have him geting distracted
Jun 2018
1:44pm, 18 Jun 2018
14,085 posts
  •  
Jigs
I don't think they're making a gpx file for the short route available, so like you Rich-M, I've been trying to map the route from the description. WP markers don't show up on satellite views so I've only managed just over a mile.

It's going to be fun this Sunday!
Jun 2018
3:04pm, 18 Jun 2018
328 posts
  •  
Richard-M
I used the open street map website linked in their web site - that helped, I then transcribed it to strava. I got about half way to second cp...as you say WP markers are only good when u are there...
Yes promises to be interesting on Sunday ...
Jun 2018
7:01am, 19 Jun 2018
22,714 posts
  •  
DocMoye
Morning. I think it may be Tuesday. Sun has started shining.
Jun 2018
8:31am, 19 Jun 2018
329 posts
  •  
Richard-M
Sunny along the Thames too - I have done 6x3 min intervals w/ 2min walk/jog recovery + 2M wu, wd so 8m in total - my calf/achilles is a bit sore - must ice it...

I plotted a bit more route for the hobble last night in case gpx doesn't arrive...

Have a good day!
Jun 2018
9:05am, 19 Jun 2018
6,053 posts
  •  
Jono.
morning Fetchlings

6 mile run, 1st after shrewsbury half and the legs felt remarkable good.

Molly J's 20th birthday today :-0 , I still see a little 2 year old girl in Disney land, laughing, on the spinny cups.

me and Molly J are off to see the Foo's tonight, the beard shall be getting some extra love.

I'm going to upcycle these words in a blog
Jun 2018
9:52am, 19 Jun 2018
3,050 posts
  •  
jennyh
Happy birthday Molly J! cake

Well done on your race on the weekend Jono, and your sub-20 parkrun Bonners! (well done to anyone else who ran too, I'm behind again).

Bit of a busy week - did a couple of mid-week races last week (a 4 and a 3 miler), and a parkrun on the weekend in which I pushed a little more than I'd intended. I have a 5K race on Wednesday - one of my clubmates (who's 68) has decided this year that we are rivals (all in a very good natured way), so we've been keeping score in the races that we've both done. I beat him in the 3 miler, so it's now 2-2. The race on Wednesday, is the second of a 3 race series, and last time he beat me by about 30 seconds. We both ran the exact same time (at separate parkruns) on Saturday, so it could be interesting.

Oh, Doc, would you mind adding a race to the sidebar for me? It's the Night of Endurance 10,000 metres on 30th June. Thanks! :-)
Jun 2018
10:01am, 19 Jun 2018
363 posts
  •  
DavidAP
Morning,

Longest run since Ibiza Marathon back on 7 April. 9.4 miles banked, and to be fair, it felt good and I didn't get bored.

Happy Birthday to Molly J. Enjoy your kids as they seem to grow into adults so very quickly.

About This Thread

Maintained by DocM
welcome to the 1500 thread. We love to have contributions from all even if you won't be running the full 1500 miles...

Please make sure you join the group
fetcheveryone.com/groups-view.php?id=1267

and set your mileage target to 1500miles so that we can include you in the monthly round up fetcheveryone.com/training-targets.php

fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets.php?category=RUN

monthly round up
Jan. Mrs Jigs

Feb Jigs
March Ian
April. Neillio

May RichHL
June. Bez-Head
July. Jenny
August. Jabberknit

Sept Westmoors
Oct. Garfield