Who are all the single Fetchies!!

2 lurkers | 227 watchers

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.
17 Jul
10:44pm, 17 Jul 2018
25973 posts
halfpint
We have really benefited from pool sessions over the winter and a recent wet session in the sea. Practising wet exits and deep water rescues etc helps me feel more confident. At least if I capsize I know I will be OK. It's amazing how choppy a Loch/Lough can get when the wind pics up.
17 Jul
10:48pm, 17 Jul 2018
13116 posts
HowFar?
There are plenty of islands and headlands down at this end of the lough, which provide some sort of shelter, but even then there can be white horses on the stretch in front of me. What that would be like out on the main lough, I dread to think.
17 Jul
10:51pm, 17 Jul 2018
25975 posts
halfpint
We need a single fetchies adventure holiday. I've just booked a campsite in the arse end of nowhere, which is right by a sea loch and some great walking as well. You have to go off the beaten track to avoid the bloody tourists in the Highlands in the summer.
17 Jul
10:56pm, 17 Jul 2018
13117 posts
HowFar?
Yeah, the roads are much busier here in the summer, but it's mostly traffic passing through to get to the coast. There are a few cruisers on the lough, but we don't get many at our end.

Most of the traffic on this part of the lough would be fishermen and that's mainly end of May and the start of June.

Your campsite sounds perfect for some head clearance.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Single? Want to chat?