Trying to Move House/Flat

29 watchers
23 Mar
4:05pm, 23 Mar 2024
24,488 posts
  •  
Meglet
Frustrating GM, it takes so long, and being in a long chain doesn’t help. Keeping fingers crossed for you.

RS, I’m pleased you’re going to be able to buy something. I guess you need to look at what will make you happiest. The ideal house with a bit less money may be worth it, would you wish you could move if you bought somewhere cheaper?
23 Mar
5:50pm, 23 Mar 2024
12,510 posts
  •  
leaguefreak
Still no uptick in interest even after a pride reduction. I'm utterly fed up now.
23 Mar
5:50pm, 23 Mar 2024
12,511 posts
  •  
leaguefreak
Price reduction obvs.
Cold fingers (currently in an ice rink )
23 Mar
6:38pm, 23 Mar 2024
23,570 posts
  •  
Red Squirrel
Sorry to hear that leaguefreak. I sold my parents bungalow last year as executor. There wasn’t any interest at all for about a month then a couple viewed it and I took a lower offer (10K reduction). People think about things sometimes, get their house in order and then hopefully will look at yours.
23 Mar
6:41pm, 23 Mar 2024
23,571 posts
  •  
Red Squirrel
RS, I’m pleased you’re going to be able to buy something. I guess you need to look at what will make you happiest. The ideal house with a bit less money may be worth it, would you wish you could move if you bought somewhere cheaper?

Yes, you’re right - I’ve always wanted to be on terra firma with a garden and at least one spare room for guest/s. I haven’t got big earning potential, but I am used to living frugally when I need to. There’ll be lots of free things on my doorstep and that’s the point of living there. Thanks Meglet
23 Mar
7:01pm, 23 Mar 2024
26,783 posts
  •  
GimmeMedals
It is a slow market for selling. There seems to be more properties up for sale than 6 months ago, but they are not selling quickly. But it only takes one person to want it.
3 Apr
2:57pm, 3 Apr 2024
23,629 posts
  •  
Red Squirrel
I viewed a cottage today, but knew it was unlikely to be a goer. I return to Bristol on Saturday, so will continue to keep an eye on Rightmove. At least I know what I’d like and how far I’d compromise. I’m fixed on one area mainly, but would also look at a couple of other areas if something came up.
5 Apr
11:19am, 5 Apr 2024
12,535 posts
  •  
leaguefreak
Another viewing booked for this weekend.
5 Apr
8:35pm, 5 Apr 2024
18,532 posts
  •  
JamieKai *chameleon*
Took a trip to Nationwide today to book a consultation about what they might be able to lend me to get on the slippery ladder. Surprised that they no longer do this in branch.

Still feels like a distant dream despite having a healthy deposit - single, average wage, but need a place for me and my housemate that will be accessible enough for him. And at my age, I need wherever I move to be good enough to be my forever home.

It's a rough market for those not already on the ladder.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Red Squirrel
It’s nesting season!