Garmin 305 Tips - Article Updated and Group Created

50 watchers
Oct 2011
12:49pm, 12 Oct 2011
9 posts
  •  
fraserfish
HI gals n girlz./

I wondered if anyone is upgrading this 'winter holiday' and may be looking to offload a 305. If so please get in touch, I would like to treat myself to a 305 this 'winter holiday'.

That is all.
Feb 2012
12:45am, 15 Feb 2012
153 posts
  •  
PeterG
Hi I got a 305 @ Christmas and loving it! Just wondered if anyone has found a decent carry case for the watch and a the other bits?
I tend to carry it in my jacket pocket when travelling and sure i will leave home without something important (HRM or cradle or charger), when I'm staying away
Mar 2012
1:21pm, 26 Mar 2012
162 posts
  •  
andy@6nwn
I'm not sure but it seems that that 305 has been discontinued, as far as I know the 305 was the only wrist GPS that allowed tracks to be downloaded so you could follow them. None of the other Garmin models seem to have this function, does anybody know if this is correct and if Garmin no longer produce anything with this function are there any other options?
Mar 2012
1:45pm, 26 Mar 2012
3,258 posts
  •  
Badger
No that's not correct.
Garmin 310xt and 910xt both definitely support this (though it doesn't work as smoothly as it did on the 305 - you need to make sure course points are quite close together to avoid the track on the screen vanishing, but this can be worked round). I think some of the 4xx series do as well (but no idea how well those work). 610, 110 and 210 definitely don't support this.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
So I can be a bit more effective in sharing any information on use of this device I have created a group and updated the article which is here: http://www.fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=142 Feel free to join and you will be kept informed when I have updated the article or learned something new that will enrich your experience of this lovely gadget.