What is the most dismal finish of a race which you have done?
4:47pm, 23 Sep 2015
Derby TupLondon Marathon. It's all tarmac and buildings. Blooming awful it is
6:54pm, 23 Sep 2015
Surrey PhilProbably not the finish of the VLM but what do BBC viewers see? Greenwich Park, Cutty Sark, Tower Bridge, Canary Wharf, Tower Hill, Houses of Parliament, Buckingham Palace and The Mall. Funny that they don't show off Charlton, Rotherhithe, Bermondsey, Isle of Dogs and the East End. Roughly 6-8 miles of London landmarks and 18 miles you'd rather wasn't there.
I must admit that I don't notice the bad bits as I'm more concerned about not tripping up as it's too congested.
About This Thread
Maintained by Dvorak
- Dull races
- Having a Laugh!
- The not very exciting run and ride route picture thread
- Areas of unusual ugliness
- Dont you just hate injuries?
- Things you want to say but can't
- Unfeasibly Bright Headlights
- British icons to throw off the white cliffs: what’s on your list?
- And they can sling their hook out of here right now, thank you very much