Having a Laugh!

1 watcher
May 2017
10:02am, 1 May 2017
245 posts
  •  
Darting
Hi,

I have just got back from a good run (a bit wet) and read about the Bournemouth 10k! Talk about overcharging!

The Bournemouth Supersonic 10K is on Saturday 7th October 2017 and costs £27 to enter!

I have run in every type of race going and am fast believing that entrance prices like this are not only a rip off they prevent single parents and low income earners from entering races. Prices for shorter races should be much lower, be affordable to all and encourage people to 'give it a go'.

My daily moan is now over!

Darting
May 2017
3:26pm, 1 May 2017
1,695 posts
  •  
Eynsham Red
Oxford Town and Gown 10k in two weeks is £25, but I think that this level of entry fee is now becoming a standard for the large events where there are road closures and the use of paid staff for marshaling etc.
My local 10k which is organized your the running club is £13/15.
Races can be an expensive past
May 2017
3:33pm, 1 May 2017
1,696 posts
  •  
Eynsham Red
(hit submit too soon). .....time now.

I only run my local 10k now with the odd extra if there is a particular interest. (This year my company have entered a team into the Town&Gown, but I normally wouldn't run it).
Unfortunately, the reason behind most events, Parkrun excluded, is not to encourage people to "give it a go" sadly.
May 2017
4:16pm, 1 May 2017
246 posts
  •  
Darting
Yes, I shouldn't be surprised really but £15 for a 10k would be more like it.
May 2017
5:44pm, 1 May 2017
18,260 posts
  •  
LazyDaisy
Commercial races of any distance are always going to be expensive - not only are there the costs that any race has to pay - any road closures are getting very costly these days and chip timing doesn't come free either - they will be wanting to make a profit. Entering club races is a far cheaper option - you won't get the frills but you should still get a decent, safe race.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by
Hi,

I have just got back from a good run (a bit wet) and read about the Bournemouth 10k! Talk abo...