Virgin Money London Marathon Ballot Watch! Do You Have Virgin Money London Marathon Ballot Where You Are?

10 watchers
Apr 2014
11:07am, 22 Apr 2014
17,075 posts
  •  
Night-owl
Same here I bypassed all the charities they just bombarded you with emails and phone calls if I do get in i'll do so But yes the fundraising more stressful than the training
Apr 2014
11:08am, 22 Apr 2014
391 posts
  •  
Dodgem
Managed to get entered at 00:44. Surely this is the year??????????????
Apr 2014
11:35am, 22 Apr 2014
356 posts
  •  
JustDistracted
Tis tricky isn't it. I've been running about 2 years (this incarnation), and each longer race is a massive challenge. I can plod around a half in about 2:30 hrs so I'll be hoping to bring that down, and do a Sub-Monday at a marathon. I have a charity close to my heart (Stroke Association) so if I can combine a great new challenge with raising some money for them, then great!
Apr 2014
11:40am, 22 Apr 2014
72 posts
  •  
pink fairy
I think it's a really personal thing. I don't particularly have a charity I support- there's several I support but not one that stands out as my family have been pretty lucky health-wise. So for me picking a charity would just be a way to get a VMLM place, and my friends/ family would know that.
Apr 2014
3:59pm, 22 Apr 2014
14,599 posts
  •  
Stander
For me running on a charity place isn't a problem - but then I don't run for a large relatively faceless (but well know) charity. I run for the place I work at. It's small, only has a very few places but I see daily just how desperately needed the money, where it is spent (I'm their accountant!) and just how it affects the children we care for.
Apr 2014
4:13pm, 22 Apr 2014
2,912 posts
  •  
Carpathius
I probably wouldn't have considered running for a charity before (I didn't this year and never have) but a friend whom I care about and deeply respect and admire has just been diagnosed with MS. If I get a place I would like to ask him if any of the MS charity organisations have been helpful, or he supports, would like me to raise some money.
Apr 2014
4:24pm, 22 Apr 2014
15,741 posts
  •  
DeeGee
I'm considering a charity place for next year. I've always passed money I get given for my efforts to charity.

However, I'm also conscious that in a couple of years' time I might want to do a particularly exciting event and will need to have a ready supply of willing donors, so I don't want to dilute the income stream, as it were.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Fat Dave
The link is HERE: virginmoneylondonmarathon.com

(Be quick.)