Virgin Money London Marathon Ballot Watch! Do You Have Virgin Money London Marathon Ballot Where You Are?

10 watchers
Apr 2014
10:13am, 22 Apr 2014
20,067 posts
  •  
BigChiefRunningBore
According to his F'ook page "In 2015 (Jason) will be running hard for the whole race - expect to see the world record crumble"
Apr 2014
10:14am, 22 Apr 2014
4,270 posts
  •  
Kimbles
lol He'll be on the start line with the Elites next year!
Apr 2014
10:15am, 22 Apr 2014
857 posts
  •  
Mother T
BALLOT CLOSED!!
Apr 2014
10:15am, 22 Apr 2014
3,152 posts
  •  
fitzer
F##k I missed it. S##T
Apr 2014
10:24am, 22 Apr 2014
8,962 posts
  •  
Keefy Beefy
That's kind of annoying as I tried to do it on my phone when awake last night and it wouldn't allow me to enter without bequeathing.
Apr 2014
10:24am, 22 Apr 2014
8,963 posts
  •  
Keefy Beefy
And Keef don't bequeath.
Apr 2014
10:41am, 22 Apr 2014
354 posts
  •  
JustDistracted
someone tell my 5:16 AM brain how much I paid for a jacket I don't need and a no ta magazine? I suspect at that time in the morning someone named JistDerstricted has in fact entered and not me.

Have also asked my charity about gold bond places. £2000! £2000! want to support them but mygodcrikeyblimey that's quite a bit...
Apr 2014
10:44am, 22 Apr 2014
69 posts
  •  
pink fairy
That is a lot JD. I've thought about it, but have heard others say that the fundraising was more stressful/ harder than the training! I think if I was a non-runner who wanted to do something amazing for charity I'd consider it, but my primary goal is to run a marathon and if I raise a bit of money than that's a bonus. I'd feel a bit rubbish asking people to give me money for something I would have done anyway (if that makes sense)
Apr 2014
10:54am, 22 Apr 2014
13,933 posts
  •  
Discovery Dave
I'm with you, PF. I think it's brilliant that people run for charity (and I do, at times), but fundraising to gain access to a race would - for me - feel a bit like asking friends and family to fund my hobby.
Apr 2014
11:03am, 22 Apr 2014
149 posts
  •  
Wirral Dave
To be fair, everyone has the opportunity to get a place through the normal ballot. Fundraisers have an extra opportunity through the fundraising places. And club members have an extra opportunity through the club places. So the system seems fair enough.

I know lots of people in clubs who complain about the Golden Bond places. But, the reason people want to do London is the atomsphere. That is generating by the fact that there are so many Golden Bond places, through both getting their friends and family down to watch and also bringing out onto the streets the sort of people who like to spot a costume but never watch club-organised races. Take away the Golden Bond places and you'd see less interest in 'real runners' entering as it would just be like any other marathon in the UK.

I agree with DD that asking people to fund my hobby is a little unfair so that route is closed to me, but the club ballot places give me an option that many don't have.

About This Thread

Maintained by Fat Dave
The link is HERE: virginmoneylondonmarathon.com

(Be quick.)