Two endurance events within a fortnight.

1 watcher
Jun 2012
9:12am, 7 Jun 2012
761 posts
  •  
wiener dog
Just wanted a bit of advice about doing two ' hardish ' events within a fortnight and what exactly I should be doing after the first one and before the next - I have got the TR24 on the 28th/29th of Aug then I have a break of 14 days before I am doing a charity marathon on a treadmill. What kind of running and intensity would most people on here do in between the two? I obviously don't want to lose fitness/endurance but also do not want to totally knacker myself out before the mara and wonder if a few days off then a bit of 'tickover' easyish running for a week then a taper would work?

Any ideas welcome and much appreciated :-)
Jun 2012
9:15am, 7 Jun 2012
6,749 posts
  •  
Gymfreak
I'd drop Hellen an fmail WD- she seems to have had this nailed over the last few weeks and runs a marathon PB every time she runs (i.e. every week these days!!!!) She did a 24hr race recently and then PB'd (again) at a marathon at the weekend.
Jun 2012
9:17am, 7 Jun 2012
762 posts
  •  
wiener dog
Thanks GF will do - How are you getting on now? Is your foot feeling any better?
Jun 2012
9:33am, 7 Jun 2012
6,750 posts
  •  
Gymfreak
Err, dunno. Hard to tell with it encased in plaster but its definitely better than last week I think. I'll know more tomorrow when this thing comes off :). Very good luck in your races, I'm most envious!!!
Jun 2012
9:38am, 7 Jun 2012
763 posts
  •  
wiener dog
Yes let me know how tomorrow goes - will keep everything crossed for you.

I'm sure you will get back to running again and be doing all kinds of events again.

Have f- mailed Hellen and she has given me some great advice which was sort of similar to what I thought to do so that's reassuring.

Take care and good luck tomorrow xxx

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
Just wanted a bit of advice about doing two ' hardish ' events within a fortnight and what exactly...