25 week marathon training plan

1 watcher
Jul 2019
11:47am, 6 Jul 2019
2,317 posts
  •  
TnoP
Apologies if this has been asked many times before but I'm looking for a straightforward marathon training plan for c. 20-25 weeks. I've run marathons before but it's been a while and I've never really stuck to a plan. The target is the Disney World marathon in January so I have around 26 weeks to go - the aim is to enjoy the experience (I'm sure there will be lots of character stops) so time is irrelevant; I am a 5+ hour marathoner anyway but hopefully want to be around that time including any stops but also feel strong enough to really enjoy the day
Any help appreciated, thank you
Jul 2019
11:56am, 6 Jul 2019
1,150 posts
  •  
oumaumau
Maybe a 10 week hm plan, followed by a 16 week marathon plan?

Build the confidence early, then stretch yourself through the autumn. And if everything goes pear shaped early on you can still do the 16 marathon plan?
XB
Jul 2019
11:59am, 6 Jul 2019
7,936 posts
  •  
XB
Time on feet is important. I would make time for some long days in the hills hiking as well as running. I would also make sure you're running around 25-30 miles per week with a few long run of 16-18 miles towards the end of your training.

This is based on nothing other than my plan to train for Manchester Marathon.
Jul 2019
12:39pm, 6 Jul 2019
42,180 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
ultrarunningltd.co.uk

Or I think there's a 24-week plan in Advanced Marathoning (P&D); I'd be happy to send you my copy if you'd like it.
Jul 2019
12:57pm, 6 Jul 2019
12,956 posts
  •  
Homer
Hal Higdon has a 30-week one as well as a range of 18 weeks ones, you could just repeat work up to week 1?

halhigdon.com

halhigdon.com
Jul 2019
12:19pm, 7 Jul 2019
2,319 posts
  •  
TnoP
These are great, many thanks everyone!

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by TnoP
Apologies if this has been asked many times before but I'm looking for a straightforward marath...