Turbo trainers

3 watchers
Mar 2013
3:58pm, 16 Mar 2013
12 posts
  •  
leejprice
Thank you all for replies! I've been away from the web for a while, happily back online now.

I hope to combine the turbo sessions with being out on the road, as I want to try and do the odd intense session. Maybe averaging 15-20 mph for an hour or so to build leg strength building up to doing maybe three hours then into a run off.
The roads are fine in my area and I hope to start doing some outside stuff, just want to be able to 'go at it' for medium to long periods, which I can't do on the road.
Mar 2013
7:38pm, 18 Mar 2013
595 posts
  •  
Mandymoo
was thinking of getting one of these but dont know if it is worth it - mainly thinking when the weather was bad at least I could still do something on the bike. Do many of you use them?
Mar 2013
7:44pm, 18 Mar 2013
4,532 posts
  •  
AngusClydesdale
MM you should pop across to one of the bike threads and ask. Loads of folks do.

http://www.fetcheveryone.com/viewtopic.php?id=49252

http://www.fetcheveryone.com/viewtopic.php?id=52458

Are both active threads at the moment, along with The Bike Thread.
Mar 2013
7:57pm, 18 Mar 2013
597 posts
  •  
Mandymoo
Thanks
Mar 2013
7:43am, 24 Mar 2013
2,041 posts
  •  
Mudlark/Titan Tri sport
Ive been on turbo over the last 3 days of this crap weather ! 2hrs at a time,buckets loads of sweat & watching all kinds of poo on tv ,but
ended up with watching repeats of cycling tour in Spain,Damn cannot get up to 65+kms hr like them guys lol...

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by leejprice
I would like to buy a turbo trainer as I have rather stupidly entered a middle distance triathlon in...