Tips for putting together a training plan

1 watcher
Jul 2012
9:09pm, 8 Jul 2012
3,444 posts
  •  
Kieren
I was wondering if you could share tips you have learnt for putting a training plan together.

Anything welcome, increasing mileage / intensity. Incorporating life / other sports / exercises / commuting etc.

I'm trying to put together a plan at the moment for a 1/2 marathon in 12 weeks but am struggling fining a reference point to adapt
Jul 2012
9:18pm, 8 Jul 2012
246 posts
  •  
Jomu
Don't know if it's the sort of thing you want but there's a 10 week half marathon plan in this months RW magazine
Jul 2012
8:40am, 9 Jul 2012
170 posts
  •  
Fitz
RW's smartcoach feature is pretty good for composing training plans.
Jul 2012
8:46am, 9 Jul 2012
47,973 posts
  •  
Gobi
Kieren

Drop me a mail and I can pop you a few ideas

G
Jul 2012
4:11pm, 9 Jul 2012
3,445 posts
  •  
Kieren
Brilliant - thanks :)

I've read a fair old bit in the past from parkers heart rate training to Lydiard's methods and P&D which are adapted from that. Sadly all the books I had have been leant out and bookmarks are no where to be found.

I have never really followed a plan before and as a consequence always suffered from "too much, too soon" injuries

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Kieren
I was wondering if you could share tips you have learnt for putting a training plan together.

Any...