Summarise your week

13 watchers
Jul 2018
5:06pm, 9 Jul 2018
19,570 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
I thought it would be good to have the ability to summarise a week's training. I've seen quite a few Fetchies write blogs summarising their week - and I've also been looking at my own training, as I make my way through the early weeks of my marathon plan.

So here's the first beta of a weekly training summary, based on w/c 2nd July:

fetcheveryone.com/training-week.php?startdate=2018-07-02

(I've also added a link when you look at the calendar view on your training log)

If you're a GPS user, you'll hopefully have seen the coloured zones when you look at an individual training entry. Over the course of a week, a good training plan should give you a proportion of time in most of those zones (depending on how you've set them up). Here's my week:

fetcheveryone.com/training-week.php?startdate=2018-07-02&uid=3

I've run about 11% of my weekly distance in the top two zones (red and orange, which I've set to be threshold pace or quicker), and 74% of my mileage has been at slower than marathon pace (the blue and grey zones at the bottom). Based on what I've understood from various training manuals and threads, cutting out the yellow and green bit in the middle should avoid leaving me compromised for the fast-paced sessions - so I'm aiming to keep them as low as I can.

But putting aside any theories about what pace you should run at, this will hopefully allow you to see whether your week matches up with your plans.

Eventually, I'd like to put together a similar page that helps to analyse a longer training period in a similar way - but I thought it'd be good to make a page on this scale first. I'm sure there's a lot more we can do to make this page even more useful - so this is your opportunity to shout out all your suggestions and comments. Excited to hear what you think. Ta.
Jul 2018
19,571 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
Let me try that second link again:

fetcheveryone.com/training-week.php?startdate=2018-07-02&uid=3
Jul 2018
19,572 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
That's better :-)
Jul 2018
5:26pm, 9 Jul 2018
2,365 posts
  •  
StuH
Oooh I like this.

80% Z1 - excellent! :-D

Any way this could work for HR?
Jul 2018
5:31pm, 9 Jul 2018
19,573 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
I think I could certainly add some rows to summarise time spent in each of our three HR zones, and perhaps even the average pace for each zone. How does that sound?
Jul 2018
9:53pm, 9 Jul 2018
2,367 posts
  •  
StuH
That sounds brilliant.
Jul 2018
10:01pm, 9 Jul 2018
12,520 posts
  •  
Autumnleaves
I like the look of this a lot!
Jul 2018
9:45am, 10 Jul 2018
85 posts
  •  
Wallman
I’ve just opened my email with my summary in!
I think I’ll need to look at my zones.

Looks great though👍🏻
Jul 2018
10:11am, 10 Jul 2018
2,368 posts
  •  
StuH
...or a switch to swap between pace and HR zones?
Jul 2018
10:13am, 11 Jul 2018
2,371 posts
  •  
StuH
just noticed, in my current week my planned activities are appearing in the summary, all in z5;

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
I thought it would be good to have the ability to summarise a week's training. I've seen q...