Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Stryd power meter

3 watchers
Feb 2017
9:40pm, 10 Feb 2017
98 posts
olde english
stryd.com I'm bored (injured) so therefore shopping. Anybody purchased a Stryd foot pod? Looks kinda fun /interesting and I do love stat. Supposed to measure power output (haven't found the formula on how yet) which I can see a use for...if vaguely accurate.
Sep 2019
7:16am, 8 Sep 2019
8682 posts
Son of a Pronator Man
Bumping this because I’d be interested to know if anyone in Fetchlandium has one of these and would give it a review. At £200 they’re not cheap and the website is written in vague terms with no measurable commitment actually made. So I’m sceptical. But that’s my usual frame of mind so any experience to share ?
zp
Sep 2019
9:35am, 8 Sep 2019
503 posts
zp
I bought one as I got fed up with HRMs given bad (useless) readings for me, and thought this would give me some equivalent way of measuring effort.

I never use it now. Not sure if it’s a faulty unit, but more often than not it didn’t work - either recording zero power for the entire run, 1000W output for a gentle stroll, or starting ok then freezing at a particular output after a few minutes. More trouble than it’s worth, I just run to perceived effort now.
Sep 2019
10:21am, 8 Sep 2019
11318 posts
Badger
I have one. I'm using it a bit more now than I have in the past, partly to track what it thinks of my training, partly for power targeting for races. That worked really nicely for a half last weekend but it was pretty flat so not much of a challenge for it!
I find the power is noisy and does need a bit of smoothing, but nothing like what zp describes, think his must have been a lemon.

The pace output is smoother than the average current Garmin GPS data, but still noisy. On average it's very good on tarmac, but seems to overread a bit on windy trail, exactly where Garmin GPS tends to underread.
Sep 2019
9:54pm, 8 Sep 2019
8683 posts
Son of a Pronator Man
Thanks for the comments. It doesn’t sound like something I will buy.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by olde english
stryd.com I'm bored (injured) so therefore shopping. Anybody purchased a Stryd foot pod...

Close