May 2012
10:41pm, 8 May 2012
493 posts
  •  
NRGEE
Anyone used a spibelt?
They look to have good reviews.
Do they really hold several items.....keys,phone,money etc
Thinking of the Dual pocket Spibelt for the above and 2nd pocket for jelly babies.gels etc
If you have one- are they comfy or do they bounce around?
May 2012
7:52am, 10 May 2012
1,529 posts
  •  
SusiesueH
sorry never heard of one. but *bump* anyway
May 2012
8:05am, 10 May 2012
89 posts
  •  
Dark Purple Moon
am also thinking of getting one, so it would be good to hear what others think
May 2012
12:44pm, 10 May 2012
494 posts
  •  
NRGEE
Eventually decided to buy a water resistant dual pocket Spibelt
It arrived this morning(from Amazon)
I will be trying it out on a run later- should check it's water resistant properties as it is lashing it down here!
I have tried out the pockets. They look small;but expand. One pocket has my blackberry,keys and a v small purse- these fit nicely. Quite a snug fit;but I used the other pocket to put loads of jelly babies. The belt adjusts on an elasticated waistband. I am a size 8 and I have tightened the belt as far as it will go. It fits comfortably around my waist and doesn't bounce around if I jump up and down.

I want to use my belt for a half marathon race next Sunday. I have room to put a gel in the belt as well on race day. Looking at my belt- I am pleased to have gone for the dual pocket version. The 2nd pocket is ideal for gels/sweets- and at least I know when I pull a gel out,that it is not going to pull out my keys at the same time.
May 2012
12:46pm, 10 May 2012
59,906 posts
  •  
GregP
There was a SPIBELT stand at the VLM expo, but it was mobbed. I liked the look of what I saw, though.

I use an old latex RonHill thing that makes my back sweat.
May 2012
1:04pm, 10 May 2012
6,197 posts
  •  
Mrs Winkle
I love my SPIbelt - it's the most comfortable thing 've found for running with
May 2012
1:10pm, 10 May 2012
1,201 posts
  •  
fleecy
I have a single pocket one, it's ok and quite comfy, doesn't rub unlike sticking stuff in a pocket. It does bounce cos I never seem to adjust it quite right, so I end up tucking it into my capris, that's me being lazy though. I really wish it had some way of attaching my keys so they feel secure, I ended up putting a safety pin in there and putting my keys on that. I'm always fiddling with my iPod so I'm paranoid about my keys accidentally falling out. It easily holds a phone or iPod, keys and you could shove a couple of gels in there. Very handy.
May 2012
1:20pm, 10 May 2012
248 posts
  •  
still running
Jelly babies in one of the pockets? Is this wise? The only time I've put jelly babies in a pocket they have turned to goo ;-)

Don't forget to report back post-run NRGEE - I fancy one of these as at the moment I load everything into the zip pocket of my capris.....and sometimes have been known to carry a gel or two in my long socks!!
May 2012
1:22pm, 10 May 2012
1,203 posts
  •  
fleecy
I got holes in most of my pockets, after losing the kids' dinner money en route to school once too many times I decided a belt was a better bet!
May 2012
7:03pm, 11 May 2012
495 posts
  •  
NRGEE
just reporting back!!

ran with Spibelt on today and VERY IMPRESSED:-)

I REALLY couldn't feel I was wearing it. NO bouncing at all
it was drizzly;but not heavy rain. Mine is water repellant- and indeed it was. My jelly babies remained in tact and didn't turn to goo!!
on the run- I had to check the belt was actually still on- as I couldn't feel it.

I am very pleased with my purchase and can certainly recommend the dual pocket water resistant spibelt

About This Thread

Maintained by NRGEE
Anyone used a spibelt?
They look to have good reviews.
Do they really hold several items.....keys,...